• TheMadFool
    Huh? Can the same not be said for a stack of dominos. They all weigh the same together but when ordered a certain way they all fall on top of each other and can cause a chain reaction that could result in turning on a switch or whatever.
    Unless you're going to get into the Achilles/Tortoise idea that action is not physical/quantifiable I can't see how it's true.
    Forgottenticket

Read above
  • ep3265
    we can flaunt solipsism all day and night, but the fact of the matter is that we're playing a game of perception, so we're figuring out its rules.
  • Forgottenticket
    Read aboveTheMadFool

What about brainwaves?
  • TheMadFool
    What about brainwaves?Forgottenticket

Define brainwaves.
  • Forgottenticket
    Define brainwaves.TheMadFool

Neural oscillations, like alpha, beta, gamma, delta and then you have evoked potentials. These seem describable as a continuous wave form.
  • Dan Cage
    Well, we can presume only because of the absolute tremendous amount of indicative evidence gained through science by using inductive reasoning.ep3265

“The only argument for the validity of inductive reasoning assumes what is to be established, and is thus logically not valid.”

-Bruce Rosenblum and Fred Kuttner, physics professors and co-authors of “Quantum Enigma”
  • Rotorblade
    The brain has its activity and it changes its state. It enters a new state every iteration. Each state generates a conscious experience. Without a brain I don’t see how a conscious experience can exist. But why or how exactly the brain generates the experience nobody knows.
    The experience is generated by a physical thing and it exist. I don’t know if you can call it physical or not. Maybe it’s ok to say it’s not physical but it is sustained by the physical things. I don’t see how it can survive outside a physical world I can’t even imagine such a possibility.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.