• iloveparis
    1. How is knowledge of success constructed from an epistemological context
    2. How is knowledge of success constructed by schools, and elite schools - do normal schools construct it differently from elite schools, if yes how so?
    3. Is it right to say that knowledge of success is constructed by students, and also by teachers?
    4. How do schools come up with the success criteria?
    5. What is the nature of the knowledge - is there some structure to it? Like foundationalism or something, if so, how is it relevant to this discussion - I'm asking this because I find it relevant when we discuss how this nature of knowledge affects the validity of the knowledge constructed - as we can argue that foundationalist knowledge could be nullified if the foundational belief is wrong/weak.
    Thanks!
  • tim wood
    What is the nature of the knowledgeiloveparis
    That's where you start. Work on that for a bit and likely you'll be on your way to filling out the rest.

(The OP seems the kind of questioning characteristic of a school of education. I do not mean that in a good way.)
  • iloveparis
    Sorry sir I don’t really get the last bit, so is it ok to question a specific characteristic of the school and how it affects the knowledge constructed..
    Also I keep finding sociology papers so I’m a bit confused for the epistemology part more so because the body of knowledge “success” is niche and abstract
  • tim wood
    What do you say knowledge is?
  • Sir2u
    How is knowledge of success constructed by schools,iloveparis

School try to give students the tool they will need to be successful. The key word there is try. Not all schools try the same way or as hard to do their job.
  • deletedmemberal
    Knowledged is to be seeked. You will never acquire it if you are not actively searching for it. As for the schooling system, private education may have better tools to present you with knowledge. However, since we live in an age of information, the limits of knowledge have been dented, and that is something good
  • Saurabh Bondarde
    Success is a relative term or state than an absolute. Everyone can find success in different things I think.
    When it comes to schooling, the various experiences and structure of education with the transfer of ideas from teachers plays a key role. In schools, material tests, competitions and incidences help build the concept of right/wrong, good/bad, achievement/success/failure etc. Other general information like profession, idea of money/earning-a-living, cultural/society idols, personal interests/hobbies etc. help mold the concepts for students.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.