• 180 Proof
    I really enjoyed living in Chelsea (23rd & 8th) and "Hells Kitchen" (52nd between 9th & 10th). Old haunts like Columbus Circle, Chelsea Pier & Meatpacking District, Gansevoort Hotel, etc etc and the Lower Eastside (Rivington, Ludlow, Delancy, etc). I miss the city more and more of late as the ravages of the pandemic (first surge of still ongoing first wave) become clearer even from down here in Atlanta. Some of my old lifelong New Yorker friends are moving out of Manhattan or out of NYC altogether.
  • Frank Apisa
    Yeah, there are people moving out, but it still is the most exciting city in the world. My wife and I do the Chelsea Piers...and take lots of evening jazz cruises down to the Statue...and around up the East River under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Here's the sight we all look forward to:

100-1158.jpg
  • Noble Dust
    One of my go-to NYC pastimes is slowly working my way through the classic pizza joints. A recent gem that's new school but near the top of the list is L'Industrie. A recent COVID casualty is Sal's, a neighborhood joint in Carroll Gardens that appears to be gone; opened in 1956. :sad:
  • 180 Proof
    A recent COVID casualty is Sal's, a neighborhood joint in Carroll Gardens that appears to be gone; opened in 1956. :sad:Noble Dust
    Damn.
  • Noble Dust

Thankfully all of the more famous classic spots are still operational.
  • praxis
    I've only passed by New York, viewing the gray gloomy cityscape on the horizon from the comfort of a passenger train, and even after reading the fourth Paul Auster book in a row have no real sense of it. Is every New Yorker a baseball fan?
  • Maw
    Hopefully we can at least keep the closed streets and outdoor dining. The city is better without so many cars.
  • Noble Dust

Do you not feel weird about dining out without a mask, while your server has one?
  • Maw
    I mean after Covid is over, I haven't done outdoor dining myself
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.