• Banno
    I'd like to take some time, to thank the manufacturers of the laptops or other devices on which you and I write, Isaac. The designers who cooperated with the various engineers to bring about a plan, paid for by innumerable investments, built from materials dug by miners from deep underground, the folk who transported these across the globe, refining them on the way into usable materials, crafted and fashioned these into components that other folk could write code for, test, improve over the years into the device you see before you. I'd like to thank the families of these millions, for cooperating with them while they took the time to do all this. Thanks too, to the farmers and shop owners who provided them with food, the teachers and academics who educated them, who researched the physics, chemistry, and mathematics involved. Thanks also to those who supported you with food, funds, education, and everything else needed to bring it about that you could point out that people do not agree as to how the world is. All those millions on millions of folk who worked together, agreeing that despite their small differences of opinions the world is so, that you could copy-and-paste some irrelevancies rather than actually think.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.