• jorndoe
    Conspiracy theories: a booming business
    Blake Pinto
    Unbound
    Saybrook University
    Apr 2020

The mad are out in force.
    Education failure? Intentional misleading (conspiracies to spread dis/misinformation)? Thorough disregard for accountability? ...?
    The Us-versus-Them attitude is fairly common; you "push down" someone else, and, at least, spread a bit of suspicion.
    While looking into this sort of thing some time ago, I also came across:

The Imminent Demise of Evolution: The Longest Running Falsehood in Creationism
    G R Morton
    Jan 2017

In this case it's easy to spot an ulterior motive (mentioned in the other article), which seems to have resulted in a kind of fraudulent propaganda stretching way back.
    I'm reminded of:

post-truth
    Relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief.
    ‘in this era of post-truth politics, it's easy to cherry-pick data and come to whatever conclusion you desire’
    Lexico/Oxford Dictionaries

Surely there's some reasonable middle ground if you will, without the "anything goes" trend?
  • Wheatley
    The mad are out in force.
    Education failure? Intentional misleading (conspiracies to spread dis/misinformation)? Thorough disregard for accountability? ...?
    The Us-versus-Them attitude is fairly common; you "push down" someone else, and, at least, spread a bit of suspicion.
    While looking into this sort of thing some time ago, I also came across:
    jorndoe
    Did paranoia ever occur to you? :razz:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal