• Baden

What's supposed to be the difference between "current regulations" and "regulations that are already on the books"?

Anyway, more taxes bad / regulations bad / oversight bad binary thinking.
  • Evonix
    My immediate thought is "Post-truth? What do you mean POST-truth?" that phrase implies that there ever was a time in which appeals to reason were more effective than appeals to emotion. I suspect that the post in post truth arises from mostly from nostalgia(I suspect, please do research on that statement).
  • ssu
    Another story du jour - Trump trusts Putin more than the US intelligence community.

(Trumpets - don't bother.)
    Wayfarer
    Oh they don't.

Anything that Washington Post post is fake news for the true Trumpists. Any Wapo article can be immediately dismissed.

Trump believers are totally in their own phantasy-World from where there is no turning back. Yet in the real World, it's going to be a really fascinating what Mueller will find out and how the Russia scandal will evolve.
  • jordanbarton

I don't see how post-truth simply applies to that of perceptual pathos however. Post-truth should be technically evaluated in the same sense as something along the lines of "post-structural" or "post political." This is to say that their is not a shift in how the mass public constitutes value within truth itself, but the boundaries by which truth is defined. Therein, post-truth is not a deviance in objective fact, but a reevaluation of these facts and how they are defined, especially in a linguistic sense.

I would say that the objective truth you seem to find infallible is up to the specific context by which this truth is meddled. It is not a question of the post-truther, but of the truth which, for some advent reason, has become "post-." An experiment in the propaganda of this truth may be best for a holistic evaluation, but where from?

But perhaps this is the jargon of the post-truth. Post-truthers! They are everywhere!
  • Banno
    Well, here's a zombie thread that I will re-animate.

I started it after Trump was elected. The take home is:

A post-truth world must fail.Banno

And there we have it.
  • unprofessional
    No doubt, every successful civilization was predicated on Truths, and that the concept of universal truth has proven indispensable within the context of violent competition between civilizations. My concern is that if violent competition between civilizations is no longer sustainable, how will Truth oriented people tolerate the cultural variation necessary to cultural innovation? An unstructured post-truth politics is defiantly a dead end. However, one could imagine that if our species is to transition from violent competition between groups to non-violent competition between groups, a well-constituted post-truth politics will be key.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment