• Benj96
    Suppose you are in a universe with only one object/thing. Can you define it? Or have I already defined it for you? Is there a relationship in this context?

Now suppose you're in a universe with two objects/things. You are asked to define one of those two things.

My question is; by defining one object are you also defining the other simultaneously? This is about relativity and relationships. Comparison. Because if there are only two objects in the universe i would imagine there is no other choice but to perceive only what information there is between them - ie. The information that pertains to the differences in state of being between the two objects.

Now reconsider this universe where only two things exist - these two things are called "the self" and the "not self." What are you defining when you perceive? The perceiver or the perceived?

Discuss :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.