• Wheatley
    After years of following philosophy, on this forum and other places, I've come to a conclusion that philosophy is more style than substance. For instance, philosophers care much more about how an argument is presented and who is arguing than the actual argument. I can see why it would appeal to a subset of people, its just not for me. All I have to do is drill that idea into my head. Peace out!
  • archaios
    2 cents worth: philosophy is more than both, style is something that is followed because it is liking what is seen. substance is where one must go within themselves and examine what others project and how they affect a view. philosophy, is another label/word for wisdom because it not only embraces a way of life, but awakens the spirit to learn and share what others offer.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.