• Ada
    Recently I’ve read a short story where the main character relies on an unconventional approach to reach a specific objective, even if it costs him more time and requires more experimentation. The reason behind his choice is that, for him, the tested approach feels like a chore, but nevertheless he is determined to accomplish that goal. He basically channels his efforts in an alternative way to purse an objective that many have already achieved with a more traditional method. Has any philosopher ever written something related to this?
  • Frank Apisa
    I originally was going to post: Has any philosopher ever written something related to WHAT?

I couldn't make sense of the predicate to your question.

But if you meant..."leaving someone wondering what the writer is talking about"...the actual answer is: Several.

Kierkegaard, Wittgenstein, Heidegger, Kant, and Hegel all come to mind. One can read a paragraph by any of them...and re-read it a half-dozen times...and wonder, "What the hell does that mean."
  • jgill
    Has any philosopher ever written something related to this?Ada

Who knows? But you have described a rock climber. :cool:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.