• Deletedmemberzc
    Is the GOP doing a stress test of reality to determine if the time is now ripe to foist a transfactual simulacrum on the - wholly unwitting and wholly unprepared - nation?

I think they are.

They are pushing on reality to see if reality will push back. Their simulation has gained traction. All one needs to gain traction is a very popular cable news channel (Fox News), and very very popular AM radio personalities - and, of course, a coordinated hegemon - willing to say absolutely anything.

If reality fails to push back will the GOP march ahead in the vein of the creation of an alternate reality? Has this threshold already been crossed? Can this threshold be pinpointed?
  • fdrake
    Reality's not here right now, please call again later.
    You again? Reality is in a meeting, can I take a message?
    Ah I see, thank you for the email, we share your concerns, but reality does not wish to comment on that at this time.
    You read that where? You know you can't trust anyone who says anything like that, it's a partisan mouthpiece.

It's already dead, our lords and masters are just afraid of necromancy.
  • Deletedmemberzc
    It's already dead, our lords and masters are just afraid of necromancy.fdrake

Not dead till doublethink is alt-think. There's still a pinch of reality in doublethink.
  • javra
    If reality fails to push back will the GOP march ahead in the vein of the creation of an alternate reality? Has this threshold already been crossed? Can this threshold be pinpointed?ZzzoneiroCosm

That the Republican Party has the gall to call itself the Good Old Party - as contrasted to what? - and that others, including myself, have nowadays come to use this same euphemism in acronym form, says a lot.

Reality will always bite back - but not always in what we consider to be timely manners.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.