• Shawn
    It's still a felony in the US Federal Court to smoke or even posses pot. It has been demonstrated time and time again that pot is rather harmless to the mind. Yes, it can exasperate schizophrenia; but, paradoxically normalizes them after smoking it. Adamantine, is called the molecule of "bliss" in Hindu San script. It is hypothesized that trades between Iran and Afghanistan along with self-cultivation initiated this trend in Ancient India.

After smoking during stressful periods in my life, I find it the most beneficial and healthy drug in existence. Through, a traditional cost-benefit economic analysis, I determined, that I posses too much motivation, and other destructive emotions to allow me to entertain them. I also have very strange dreams where REM sleep in suppressed by pot.

Cannabis, is a unifying drug, if we are going to pin it down as a social net good or evil. It makes people more friendly (without schizophrenia or other anxiety disorder retro-post-18 y/o's).

Medicinally, it prevents cancer, which is the hist mortality rate among-st the elderly (in a non-specific age group of "elderly).

Yes, I did and do inhale. It calms me down, relaxes my mind (better than any other drug), does not cause tolerance (if you need more, it's cheeeap), and is a net GDP generator, as yes, soothes my depression.

Can anyone tell me why this should be banned on any grounds?
  • DrOlsnesLea
    Cannabis provides the best laughs ever! IMO. The laughing is so strong and to the heart that I remember it to this day, more than 20 years later. Great stuff. Never becomes unfashionable. Still IMO. Cheers!
  • I like sushi
    Go to a fucking doctor! You say you’re a schizophrenic and depressed, AND you’re openly saying you smoke cannibis?

Either you’re lying, as you’ve done before (apparently as some social experiment) or you’re propagating poor advice via incredibly stupid behavior that could effectively cause serious harm to others who actually NEED to take prescribed medication.

This is abhorrent. Stop it!
  • I like sushi
    Reported, as I have with other posts.

PLEASE think before you post!
  • Shawn
    Reported, as I have with other posts.

PLEASE think before you post!
    I like sushi

I am not advocating the use of pot if that is what you are concerned about. I am advocating the persuasive discussion as to why it should be illegal with all its touted benefits.

It really helps me at least!
  • I like sushi
    No, I’m concerned that people with ‘mental health’ issues who are scared of seeking professional help (due to stigmas) will follow opinions online.

Saying ‘it works for me’ as someone with depression and schizophrenia is extremely irresponsible. It doesn’t take genius to see that there are a reasonably large number of people on online forums (including this one) who have such health issues.
  • Shawn
    No, I’m concerned that people with ‘mental health’ issues who are scared of seeking professional help (due to stigmas) will follow opinions online.

Saying ‘it works for me’ as someone with depression and schizophrenia is extremely irresponsible. It doesn’t take genius to see that there are a reasonably large number of people on online forums (including this one) who have such health issues.
    I like sushi

Wow, sorry for posting then.
  • Daniel
    Please also think before reporting posts you think are inappropriate or before lashing out at people like you just did. People must learn to recognize what information they can trust, and not what they can say or they cannot. The first approach fights disinformation, the second generates oppression. Don't you think?
  • Shawn
    Please also think before reporting posts you think are inappropriate or before lashing out at people like you just did. People must learn to recognize what information they can trust, and not what they can say or they cannot. The first approach fights disinformation, the second generates oppression. Don't you think?Daniel

Can anyone tell me why this should be banned on any grounds?Shawn

There it is again. :roll:
  • I like sushi
    I wasn’t lashing out. I was stating VERY clearly what he is doing here - and in other posts - is stupid and irresponsible.

If you have severe ‘mental health’ issues (note: Shawn says he’s schizophrenic) and are taking unprescribed drugs it is extremely dangerous - prescribed drugs are dangerous enough in this area.

Understand the context. I’ve no real issue with the recreational use of cannabis nor discussion of health benefits - an actual science based forum would make much more sense though.
  • Shawn
    Understand the context. I’ve no real issue with the recreational use of cannabis nor discussion of health benefits - an actual science based forum would make much more sense though.I like sushi

And, that was the issue.
  • I like sushi
    Are you be purposefully stupid? I have read your posts you know.

The CONTEXT is you’ve stated elsewhere you have issues and now you’re saying you smoke cannabis and it helps you??

Hello??
  • Shawn
    The CONTEXT is you’ve stated elsewhere you have issues and now you’re saying you smoke cannabis and it helps you??I like sushi

Are you like Dr. I am the best Dr?

Yes, it helps me. Why would I lie?
  • I like sushi
    Okay, so you’re just plain stupid then? Fair enough.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/teens-who-smoke-pot-at-risk-for-later-schizophrenia-psychosis-201103071676

Go seek out an expert instead of self-medicating. Psychoactive drugs for people with disorders that involve psychosis can be extremely dangerous.
  • I like sushi
    Have you actually been diagnosed as schizophrenic and had a second snd third opinion?
  • Shawn
    Go seek out an expert instead of self-medicating. Psychoactive drugs for people with disorders that involve psychosis can be extremely dangerousI like sushi

Sorry man, I did my own research on the topic. And, besides that's not the topic of this thread?
  • I like sushi
    Have you been diagnosed as schizophrenic by a healthcare professional?
  • Shawn
    Have you been diagnosed as schizophrenic by a healthcare professional?I like sushi

Yes, I have, and what has this got to do with the OP?
  • I like sushi
    I’ve think I’ve made that crystal clear already.

Medicinally, it prevents cancer, which is the hist mortality rate among-st the elderly (in a non-specific age group of "elderly).Shawn

False. This is has not been proven by any stretch of the imagination (mostly wishful thinking). For recover to help with pain and nausea of cancer victims: yes, it’s very useful.

After smoking during stressful periods in my life, I find it the most beneficial and healthy drug in existence.Shawn

Anecdotal and nonsensical.

Hindu San scriptShawn

That isn’t a thing. Imbuing something with mystical-based mumbo-jumbo as an opener rouses suspicion - especially when you don’t grasp that what you misheard, or probably read somewhere on some new age forum, is in fact Sanskrit NOT ‘San script’.

It already is banned, and recently such bans have been lifted. So maybe you meant to ask IF the ban should be lifted?

For general health and well being it can be destructive as can alcohol. I would guess that alcohol does more damage to people, and society, than cannabis ever could though - just my opinion. Given that kids experiment prior to reaching the legal age required (as for alcohol) there - (edit: deleted sentence. Was just something about the attitudes in different countries and how some minimally supervised introduction to such substances would be a good thing - unlike in US where young adults leave home and start to take alcohol in relatively unsupervised situations leading to all kinds of problems!)

A lot of nonsense circulated about cannabis extracts opening up a world of cancer cures and such. Without a doubt the greatest benefit seems to be in pain relief.
  • Lindrosn
    Cannabis, is a unifying drug, if we are going to pin it down as a social net good or evil. It makes people more friendly (without schizophrenia or other anxiety disorder retro-post-18 y/o's). — Shawn

One might wonder if the major impetus behind the effort to legalize recreation marijuana was populistic or based on other interests. Assuming it was a populistic effort consider if the motives were ever much more than pure hedonistic desire.
    When a rational person wishes to push legal changes, he takes the time to understand the political culture related to the issue, then looks to see what the costs and benefits would be. Even assuming those opposed to legalized recreation marijuana are irrational in their own regard, they're still voters to be contended with.
    One might assume that claims, which are presumably largely true, about how marijuana can be a great aid to people with certain illness have convinced those once opposed to marijuana in general to vote in favor of medical marijuana. What those people then saw is that medical marijuana legalization efforts were Trojan horses to implement recreational marijuana.
    Consider how many states that start with legalized medical marijuana later legalize recreational marijuana. It's reasonable to assume that those people often now feel rightly to have been betrayed and those who sympathize with them in states that have yet to legalize medical marijuana have been be less likely to vote in favor it.
    Basically, the push for the legalization of recreation marijuana has been either at the expense of the push for medical marijuana, or at least with the reckless disregard for it, and that helps shed light on exactly how unifying a drug it is.

and is a net GDP generator — Shawn

What has happened with the legalization of medical marijuana in some American states is that now there are corporations that are imitating tobacco corporations in the way they push regulations to the limit, promote propaganda in favor of their product and attempt to silence opposition. While this may be standard for corporations which sell other products, that people advocated their existence as a lesser evil without much caution doesn't speak well towards their motives.
  • Frank Apisa
    I KNOW MORE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SMOKE DOPE BUT WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM SMOKING SOME...

...THAN I KNOW WHO DO SMOKE IT BUT WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM GIVING IT UP.
  • Pantagruel

I'd suggest moving to Canada...it's perfectly legal here.
  • ztaziz
    It's likely not as bad as you think, people can we wasted.

Your children are strong.

It's bad effect is not so mental but more physical - phychiatry this vague association between people and doctors. Nothing ever looks definite, you can be and are contradicted with blind trust. It's all the time boiled to something physical

Maybe you dabble in less important things, but how good YOU truly think that is, is laughable.

Drunkeness brings more insight into the wave.

Not everyone became a sportsman, but people who choose to do it are okay, sometimes they're thinking good.

If you're promoting the heart also promote green.
  • Harry Hindu
    you’re propagating poor adviceI like sushi
    What qualifies as poor advice is subjective, and one person should not be determining what is poor or good advice for any other individual.

Think about all the advice on these forums, like that there are no other minds, and the effect that advice might have on someone else's behavior, or that someone feels like the opposite sex and goes to a doctor to get body parts severed and holes inserted, after which the patient claims, "It worked for me!"

It seems to me that if we let schizophrenics read posts on this forum, who knows what they might get out of what was said and then go do. Is that then the writer of the post's fault if they go hurt themselves or someone else?

Personally, I don't know anyone that smokes pot that then becomes a threat to others or even themselves. For most, it invokes feelings of acceptance and open-mindedness. Rastafarians sometimes refer to it as "wisdom weed".

From a Libertarian standpoint, it should be legal because it shouldn't be up to others to decide what works for me, as long as what works for me isn't taking away what works for others.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.