• Ben Stoddard
    Can phenomenological studies research two phenomena at once?

I’m researching peoples engagement at two monuments and interviewed groups at both. The third set of interview questions was asking them to compare both monuments. Do phenomenological studies research two at once or am I doing something different here?
  • I like sushi
    My personal take on this - and, to be clear, it is MY take on phenomenology - is that to refer to phenomenon within the framework of a phenomenological investigation as either ‘singular’ or ‘plural’ is against the main principle of phenomenology as a act of investigating consciousness withdrawn from the naturalistic world.

Of course, if you’re talking at natural phenomenon (meaning in the scientific naturalistic sense - via research and experimentation - then that’s fine as far as I can see).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.