• ernestm
    It seems to me a sudden influx of 17 million USA unemployed into the online community is just too much to permit continued rational conversation just about everywhere in the Internet. Plus suddenly I get emails from girls I never knew before at 4.30am saying here's my number, call me.

I'm thinking the only rational response is just to go offline entirely for the next 6-12 months. of course if could just be me, so this is the one place I'd think to ask if other people are having the same reaction?
  • SophistiCat
    yes please and thank you
  • ernestm
    qwhich is not an answer to my question and not funny either. Its exactly the kind of comment which I am talking about. I dont know whats goine wrong with the world, but I rather decided to just get a gun and blow my head off. I had enough of it. Its not even possible to have any kind of rational conversation even here with out some total buffoon with a mind of a middle schooler and the humor of what, well, nothing really, having to chip in and demean everything. Good bye.
  • jgill
    People get nervous during the pandemic, and talking on the net helps relieve the tension. It also produces even more nonsense babble than usual. :nerd:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.