• Shawn
    I have a sickness over which I don't know what to do about. I've been deeply depressed for about 5-6 years. My life has been full of doubt and suffering.

I really am losing the will to live. I'm thinking about suicide too much lately. On top of depression, I have some kind of other mental illness. It used to be defined as schizophrenia; but, I think it's some psychotic disorder. Who knows, maybe it is schizophrenia, it doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm spiraling into a dark abyss.

Things have gotten so bad that I am doubting my own thoughts, as if they were foreign to my-self along with dreams that seem foreign to myself also.

I'm really suffering and am already in contact for help, and have been taking anti-psychotics (2 actually) for a good while.

What should I do?
  • Sir2u
    I'm really suffering and am already in contact for help, and have been taking anti-psychotics (2 actually) for a good while.

What should I do?
    Shawn

The pills do not appear to be working, time to find a new doctor.
    I have no faith in doctors of any kind, especially dentists. The guy that prescribed the medicine might have missed something, get a second or third opinion about it.
    And stick with us here, don't do anything that you cannot regret later.
  • Noble Dust

Hang in there, Shawn.
  • Shawn
    Hang in there, Shawn.Noble Dust

Just called my previous psych unit. Going back there, and planning a prolonged stay.
  • Noble Dust

When are you headed back?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Just called my previous psych unit. Going back there, and planning a prolonged stay.Shawn

Like Sir said get the help and keep with us here. Together we will get through this :heart:
  • Baden
    Hope you'll be ok @Shawn.
  • Shawn

I wish you could build tolerance towards depression.

I'd have an insane tolerance to it...
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @Shawn
    An update: my friend who works in the toxicology lab in a NY hospital, the man I forwarded your idea to, has himself fallen ill to COVID 19. It is not surprising but alarming all the same as he quarentines with a baby just over a year old and his lovely wife. I hope he gets through this okay. Prior to working in NY he did an internship at a Jungle hospital in Peru and enjoyed the f#$& out of it. Ironic that I worried about him contracting something deadly in Peru but once he was home in NY I let my guard down because he was 'home'.
    :pray:
  • Shawn

Whatever happens make sure he lays on his stomach to ease breathing issues. Google it.

What a cruel sickness. :vomit:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet