• Intermittent
    I would like to be able to create examples relevant to whichever discussions I engage in - much like I have seen Alan Watts and Bruce Lee do.
    What information can you provide that would aid me?
  • SophistiCat
    Can you give us an example of what you are looking for?
  • christian2017
    I would like to be able to create examples relevant to whichever discussions I engage in - much like I have seen Alan Watts and Bruce Lee do.
    What information can you provide that would aid me?
    Intermittent

Everything or almost everything is connected or has a relationship. There are 1 to 1 (a type of linear), linear, inverse exponential, exponential and so on relationships. When two things have a relationship, they effect each other in a certain way and in different aspects of life or reality.

Reality and Life is a giant web of interactions.

Read alot of books and if you lose interest in a book read the first 4 chapters and then for the rest of the book read the many summaries of the subject online to get a summary of the rest of the information. Most authors put most of their effort into the first 4 chapters to sell books. Reading how text is written will help you structure sentences but it'll also encourage you to read quality material and expose yourself to concepts outside of things like youtube.

Apples and Oranges do have a relationship but it is not a close relationship. Whence "thats like comparing apples and oranges" with the cliche meaning the two things don't have a relationship.

There is absolute truth but it is very hard to find.
  • christian2017

the relationship between two things might have a different intensity of connection (or graph or equation) based on what level or aspect that you are dealing with. A relationship between two things might have different levels or contexts that need to be analyzed.
  • christian2017

now i'm going to look up Alan Watts and Bruce Lee. I once saw a quote of Bruce Lee to the effect of "be careful of those who listen and pay attention". I couldn't find the quote as of now so i'm sure i butchered the quote.
  • tim wood
    I would like to be able to create examples relevant to whichever discussions I engage inIntermittent
    Aristotle, Rhetoric. In decent translation the best and even the most accessible. There are within more answers than you can think questions for. In fact, you will recognize your question laid out and laid bare in the first part of Rhetoric, answered in the rest of it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.