• Moliere
    o. i thought you had posted it in the wrong thread.
  • jkop

You're right, I made a mistake, but it also got me thinking about a comparison of music and games.
  • S
    I played a little bit of one of the BioShock games years ago when I was round my friend's house, but that was it (until the other day after I bought the collection).
  • Thorongil
    They're well written games with good atmospheres (though 2 is a little boring). I think you'll like them.
  • Wosret
    Got the DLCs for Shadow of Mordor, got 100% completion on full game, and then got 100% completion on the hunt one. Pain in the ass, as not only are all of the trophies shit, all of them in the lowest grade, but completing the trials of the hunt challenges were actually difficult. Kill the five war chiefs, and 20 captains, get at least 13000 points, kill at least ten captains with beasts, and finish within forty minutes. Took me a good six hours, lol. Time well spent... and when anyone asks me what I've achieved, I'll have a list all ready to go!

Gonna play the bright lord DLC next.
  • Hanover
    Such is the gibberish spoken by those whose lives have been reduced to attaching oneself to another's imagination. Do you not wonder what your life would be like if not for geek that created your reality?

Get on a roof. Playtime is over.
  • Hanover
    My son in college was telling me that the dorm hallways are no longer the site of vandalism, golf driving ranges, BB target practice, and boisterous drunkenness, but instead the students all sit in their rooms playing video games, wasting the best years of their lives.
  • Agustino
    Right, and playing video-games is certainly a bigger timewaste and more detrimental than:

vandalism, golf driving ranges, BB target practice, and boisterous drunkennessHanover
    :-} :-d
  • Wosret

I'd probably be prime minister by now!
  • Wosret

And if you don't, then you'll be some weird fucking outcast that doesn't know what any male under forty is talking about half of the time.
  • Agustino
    Personally I don't think humour should be used in ways that encourages immoral behaviour... but to each his own.
  • Agustino
    Okay, yeah, I had a look and quick read of that. Anything more? :s
  • Hanover
    And if you don't, then you'll be some weird fucking outcast that doesn't no what any male under forty is talking about half of the time.Wosret
    I'm not an outcast. I'm the funny old guy who complains about how the world has changed while looking for my pants.
  • Agustino
    I think video-games for example aren't great (I don't play any myself), but they're preferable to doing a lot of other worse things. So a joke which encourages people to do worse things, instead of playing video games, really misses the point I think. I don't know, I personally don't like humour which encourages immoral behaviour, as I've said before. Being funny or witty aren't the only criteria by which I judge humour.
  • Wosret

See when I'm old, I'll be like the wise, worldly, lyrical type. I will be as their father, they comes to me for advices... and it won't be that hard for me to give them the wrong advices...
  • Wosret
    Games are more engaging than movies or tv, I have a hard time paying attention to them, and particularly sitting through a whole movie. Particularly these days... fucking 2-3 hours...
  • Hanover
    Just fast forward to the good parts. That's the way men under 40 watch movies.
  • Agustino
    Games are more engaging than movies or tv, I have a hard time paying attention to them, and particularly sitting through a whole movie. Particularly these days... fucking 2-3 hours...Wosret
    Well I dislike movies and TV completely. I almost never watch. Movies are only fun if you watch them with someone you're close to - then it's like living through an experience together, it's interesting. But I'd much rather play video-games by myself than watch movies or TV by myself. I haven't played video games though for probably many many years now though lol. I used to be an addict though as a teenager, played the whole day sometimes lol...

But playing video-games feels to me like not engaging with reality, so that's why I gave it up. In my spare time nowadays, I read, I play poker/chess/go, and otherwise do some sport (martial art stuff mostly) or simply relax.
  • Hanover
    Your speech, it reeks of the uneducated streets from where you must have been reared.
  • Wosret
    I usually just minimize them when nothing is happening, and then just look at it when it sounds interesting. Hearing is my best sense anyway.
  • Hanover
    When I watch sports, I just cheer mindlessly with the crowd because usually I'm just lost in thought about you or my cat.
  • Wosret

Rick and Morty is the only good thing on TV, and it might still be good this coming season... might...

Not looking forward to any movies either, even though Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel is coming out... that skinny actress they got though... that doesn't even know how to bend her fucking knees... you don't look very intimidating when you're off balance. Wonder Woman is the greatest martial artist in the DC universe (and... and... and... they didn't even give her the kryptonite spear to kill doomsday with... even though she is the only one of them actually trained to use one, and that almost certainly wouldn't be hurt.)
  • Wosret

Just good ol'Arny

See, cheat and be a selfish sociopath, and you'll succeed in all areas of your life, and experience exactly zero drawbacks. The American dream!
  • Wosret

Golf and women's volleyball are the only good spectator sports.
  • S
    Completed Yesterday Origins. Am now playing The Bunker (£5 - another bargain):

Prey looks really good:

• Moliere
    Hyper Light Drifter

I just beat this game. It has it's own unique flavor, but it has been compared to the old Zelda games -- and not unfairly, either. You journey through a fantastical land besot by some kind of danger. The specifics are never elucidated -- there aren't ever any words used, it's all told by pictures -- but the story is familiar enough that you get a feeling for what's going on.

Tons of fun. I'd recommend it to anyone.

http://www.heart-machine.com/
  • S
    I just beat this game. It has it's own unique flavor, but it has been compared to the old Zelda games -- and not unfairly, either. You journey through a fantastical land besot by some kind of danger. The specifics are never elucidated -- there aren't ever any words used, it's all told by pictures -- but the story is familiar enough that you get a feeling for what's going on.

Tons of fun. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    Moliere

Sounds interesting. The last game which reminded me of the old Zelda games was Titan Souls, which was unbelievably difficult, frustrating and repetitive, but so worth it for the sense of relief and accomplishment when you complete the game. The whole game consists of those classic boss fights. (And no words are used in that game, either).

Speaking of Zelda, the new Legend of Zelda game, Breath of the Wild, looks so good, and it has received exceptional reviews, with scores of 10/10. But I only have a PS4, and won't be getting a Nintendo console just for one game. :(
  • _db
    Goddammit CDPR, where the fuck is Cyberpunk 2077?!

(Just kidding, please take all the time you need and don't rush it.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.