• christian2017
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ancient+temple+prostitution+%2b+youtube&view=detail&mid=49640326C68563CD9DC549640326C68563CD9DC5&FORM=VIRE

google or bing: ancient temple prostitution + youtube

I know posting articles is preferable and i can understand why you would prefer that.

Some key points in the video is that in many city states in Mesopotamia dating back to atleast 4000bc (Hammurabi ~1780 BC), temple prostitution was common. In some cases every women associated with a particular city state couldn't go back home and live a "normal" life until she had fulfilled her duty at a particular temple.

I've also seen this concept in certain christian denominations (which i will only name if you ask me), Mithradate's autobiography (grandson of Antiochus the 4th), Roman, some greek, and certainly a subset of other world cultures.

I post this because many would like to claim that all religions are the same and apply the same attributes to their gods. I don't believe all gods (assuming they exist) have the same attributes as described in the various holy books or verbal information passed down through the ages.

I would like to remind you this is a "Philosophy of religiion" topic and i do understand there is a possibility there is no god.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.