• schopenhauer1
    After all, going against emergency powers legislation isn't smart.ssu

I agree on all this, but it can be happening. Remember, the scenario is can't be more than 10, so technically the manager is not breaking the rules.
  • ssu
    I agree on all this, but it can be happening. Remember, the scenario is can't be more than 10, so technically the manager is not breaking the rules.schopenhauer1
    At least here I think matter basically would be the boss vs. the State and the Constitution. State and the Constitution will likely be the way which a judge will go by.

Here the boss will goes against Government Decree that "people for whom it's possible to stay home will stay home". I guess a lawyer would look at the question from what the powers are in a state of emergency that the officials have. And believe me, they basically have quite a lot of power. Even in normal times if the fire fighters decide, they can for example stop you when driving on the road, order you out from your car and order and put you to fight a forest fire (if they see that's the only possible option to do). That rarely if ever happens, but there is the legal possibility for that. If you start quarreling like a libertarian that they cannot give you such an order WRONG ANSWER! They are right and you are wrong.

Here the Constitution gives the following waiver in state of emergency or wartime:

Section 23 -Basic rights and liberties in situations of emergency (1112/2011, entry into force 1.3.2012).

Such provisional exceptions to basic rights and liberties that are compatible with Finland's international human rights obligations and that are deemed necessary in the case of an armed attack against Finland or in the event of other situations of emergency, as provided by an Act, which pose a serious threat to the nation may be provided by an Act or by a Government Decree to be issued on the basis of authorisation given in an Act for a special reason and sub ject to a precisely circumscribed scope of application.

This is the attitude of a small country where in the Constitution it's says:

Every Finnish citizen is obligated to participate or assist in national defence, as provided by an Act
  • WatchingRook
    If you start quarreling like a libertarian that they cannot give you such an order WRONG ANSWER!ssu

That's quite the claim! Simply to play devil's advocate here, what basis can you decise that it's wrong? isn't it a violation of a person's liberty to give the state the ability to make them do something against their will when they have done nothing wrong?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet