• dylanthevillain
    So, when its lights out, should we go to sleep? Nowadays when its dark we're still staying up and personally I spend at least 6 hours a day before a computer, not to mention at night. I definitely have an awful short term memory(although im a polyglot) and i've suffered with dark circles since I can remember. I see lots of professional e-sports players though and they don't seem to be exhibiting the same symptoms... I wonder how much affect these new habits nowadays really have on us?

I mean at that point, are then all office jobs unhealthy? What becomes a normal amount fo screen time, what about having to study on the computer? Surely it's fine, and in this increasingly self-dependant society where most people don't venture to far from there homes, whats left to do once this form of entertainment is gone? The book? Surely exciting my occipital lobe for 4 hours straight while imagining the various characters and scenarios in a novel is much more fatiguing on my brain, I mean it gives me headaches for god sake, so am I just to sit there doing nothing?

Another thing occurred to me was that nowadays we eat ridiculous amounts of food? 2300 calories, thats the equivalent of like 15 potatoes every single day, I understand that the plate is meant to be balanced up amongst different food groups but thats a loud of baloney because a horse eats 1 food, grass and forms every cell in its body, much like every other animal in nature, eating 1 food... We gonna say a lions tired because he doesn't have a balanced diet? -.-

Furthermore, 8 glasses of water? I tried for 2 days this week, what a CROC of crap, I had the worst headaches going... Just seems strange that a band of 50 pirates on shore for 4 months would require 108,000 potatoes and 45,000 glasses of water? From an evolutionary standpoint nowadays science is borderline ludique and ridiculous.

Eating ONLY when hungry, and drinking ONLY when thirsty? Well that makes perfect sense right? Well that doesn't work either, see your body go for 2 days straight not feeling hungry, while having no energy for the later 24 hours, how you gonna live like that ay?

So the question is, is instant pleasure and this increasing amount of stimulation leading to what could only be concerned as devolution? And is this all because of misinformation and commercial propaganda? Or do I just need to stop gaming so much? I dunno, but these dark circles i've got sure as hell are showing me something is up with how we're living these days.

(ps. I have no health problems, not diabetic, and would consider myself fit and healthy, excluding my short term memory/dark circles) - and to anyone who tells me its hereditary, the science that backs up hereditary causes is the same science thats telling us to eat a balanced diet and btw im a 23 year old male, and not a boomer who's going through the progressive "delasticity" phases of his life and thus would in turn have a fat pair of dark circles...
  • Echarmion
    So the question is, is instant pleasure and this increasing amount of stimulation leading to what could only be concerned as devolution?dylanthevillain

There is no such thing as devolution in the sense that you're using it here (as an opposite of evolution). There is just change.

And is this all because of misinformation and commercial propaganda? Or do I just need to stop gaming so much? I dunno, but these dark circles i've got sure as hell are showing me something is up with how we're living these days.dylanthevillain

Who is to tell you how to use your time? Do you want to stop gaming, use that time for something else?

What is certain is that our bodies aren't made to sit mostly motionless in front of a screen. Unfortunately, what effects any individual experiences is mostly down to luck. You can try to live healthy and avoid risk factors. It doesn't guarantee you will live longer.
  • TheMadFool
    I understand that the plate is meant to be balanced up amongst different food groups but thats a loud of baloney because a horse eats 1 food, grass and forms every cell in its body, much like every other animal in nature, eating 1 food.dylanthevillain

That's a very good observation but "unlike horses", human dietary deficiencies are well-documented in medicine. You might want to rethink that statement.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.