• Nobeernolife
    Watch this little skit and come back and tell us what major differences you see between right wing Christians and right wing MuslimsGnostic Christian Bishop

Talking about little video clips, since your views pretty much represent the ill-informed leftist intellectual majority in the West, you might want to watch this little clip. The interviewer seems to be a good representation of you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpdGK3F4pC0
  • christian2017
    Talking about little video clips, since your views pretty much represent the ill-informed leftist intellectual majority in the West, you might want to watch this little clip. The interviewer seems to be a good representation of you:Nobeernolife

ROFL
  • christian2017
    Watch this little skit and come back and tell us what major differences you see between right wing Christians and right wing Muslims. You might think that because Muslims kill their apostates, they are better than Christians, but remember that when Christian Jesus returns, he is to kill all apostate.Gnostic Christian Bishop

I watched that cartoon. Do you have an article as opposed to a video with more meat in it? Videos waste alot of time whereas articles can be more easily scrutinized.
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    "good and evil" is a metaphor for everything.TheMadFool

I can agree with this but not the omni levels.

Omni-whatever indicated a full and complete knowledge of an issue. Gnostic Christians never really admit to reaching such an ideal. We are perpetual seekers and even when we think we have reached or found the epitome of an issue, including the gods, we accept it but raise the bar of excellence and seek further. That is why we criticize who we think are poor gods.

If we did not, we would be no better than those who have decided to worship a genocidal god and think such a moral monster to be good.

Regards
    DL
    Again: the claim that Yaweh and Allah describe the same deity would logically mean that this deity is schizophrenic..Nobeernolife

Why? One fascist god looks about the same as all fascist gods.

Regards
    DL
    Christianity is an integral part of Western civilizations,Nobeernolife

Not in the case of the laws our secular systems follow.

In Christianity, their penalties are, like secular law, supposed to be close to an eye for an eye.

Need I go get all the penalties of stoning that exceed that intelligent and just penalty.

Christianity is a consolidation of many religious thinking systems. There is nothing original except for Jesus' so called sacrifice. The West and our law has rejected most of it as barbaric and overkill.

Here are facts that refute your view, even though many call our systems Judeo Christian systems.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

Regards
    DL
    What Jesus does or not do when "he returns" is of no concern for me or any other living person.Nobeernolife

I agree, but we are talking and comparing ideologies, not realities.

I debate to lose, but point to me buddy.

Regards
    DL
    The interviewer seems to be a good representation of you:Nobeernolife

??

I would associate myself more with the guest than the interviewer.

He was correct on every point, I think. He, like me, does not think highly of Christianity and thinks as I do that the Muslin ideology is the epitome of evil ideologies.

What error did you pick up in his presentation?

Regards
    DL.
    Do you have an articlechristian2017

This link is a video but has the statistical information that would have any half way moral person reject Islam and Sharia law as a decent moral ideology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VidBFG9_QnU

If you cannot watch it, please see the Pew research site for their survey of Islam's major moral tenets. You will find little morality in them.

Regards
    DL
  • christian2017

I actually know alot about Islam. In terms of sexual morality, Mohomad has alot of similarities to the modern Roman Catholic Church. Mohomad had extremely strange sexual practices.

Islam is highly questionable.

Did you see Bill Maher's video about the relationship between christianity and islam? Another user posted it earlier.
  • TheMadFool
    I can agree with this but not the omni levels.

Omni-whatever indicated a full and complete knowledge of an issue. Gnostic Christians never really admit to reaching such an ideal. We are perpetual seekers and even when we think we have reached or found the epitome of an issue, including the gods, we accept it but raise the bar of excellence and seek further. That is why we criticize who we think are poor gods.

If we did not, we would be no better than those who have decided to worship a genocidal god and think such a moral monster to be good.

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

I would like to offer a correction viz. that I fail to see a necessary connection betwtixt omniscience and omnibenevolence i.e. it is possible to be omniscient and not omnibenevolent; all the more reason for god to be suspicious of our intentions. God himself, of course, is omnibenevolent.
  • Nobeernolife
    Why? One fascist god looks about the same as all fascist gods.Gnostic Christian Bishop

Allah hates the followers of Yahweh. If Allah was Yaweh, that would mean he hates his own followers. Clearer now?
  • Nobeernolife
    He was correct on every point, I think. He, like me, does not think highly of Christianity and thinks as I do that the Muslin ideology is the epitome of evil ideologies.

What error did you pick up in his presentation?
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

You, like the interviewer, tried to equate islam with Christianity. Bill Maher points out that that is absolutely naive. Islam is very different from christianity, and infinitely more aggressive.
    I actually know alot about Islam. In terms of sexual morality, Mohomad has alot of similarities to the modern Roman Catholic Church. Mohomad had extremely strange sexual practices.

Islam is highly questionable.

Did you see Bill Maher's video about the relationship between christianity and islam? Another user posted it earlier.
    christian2017

Christianity and Islam share the same DNA so it should not surprise anyone that they are close in ideology. They are both fascist.

I question both religions on moral issue and all I see are moral cowards who fear judging their gods justly. Cowards can never be moral.

I did look a that video but think I was given the wrong role by Nobeernolife.

I am more like Maher except I get a bit more vulgar when it comes to the genocidal prick Christians worship.

Regards
    DL
  • Nobeernolife
    Christianity and Islam share the same DNA so it should not surprise anyone that they are close in ideology. They are both fascist.Gnostic Christian Bishop

Your repeating that falsehood does not make it so. Christianity was founded by a pacifist, celibate hippiue. Islam was founded by a sex slave keeping warlord. Christianity says nothing about other existing religions; the islamic books are chock-full of hatred against Christians, Jews and Hindus and commands to fight them. Xtianity has separation between church and state built-in -- islam has Shariah and the command to subdue the whole world under Sharia. Should I go on?

Your claim that both are the same simply shows your ignorance on the issue.
  • Athena
    Allah hates the followers of Yahweh. If Allah was Yaweh, that would mean he hates his own followers. Clearer now?Nobeernolife

There is no God who hates people and Muslims took in Jewish refugees when Christians were prosecuting them. Now Zionism is a different thing. That has made enemies. I saw pictures of how badly Palestinians were treated by Israelis and I believe the bad guy in that region is the Zionist. For sure Israel is in violation of United Nations mandates. Before the Zionist Jews and Muslims were living in peace with each other.
    God himself, of course, is omnibenevolent.TheMadFool

God himself is omnificticious. Prove me wrong.

His genocide and killing when he can just as easily cure, the way Jesus said he came to do is much more benevolent. Right?

We create the gods to serve us, not kill us. Right?

Regards
    DL
    Allah hates the followers of Yahweh. If Allah was Yaweh, that would mean he hates his own followers. Clearer now?Nobeernolife

Not so. He just thinks Christians and Jews should pay an extra tax for their poor thinking.

Allah is just a title like god is. They have a nameless god iand that is why they say Allah is Yahweh.

Clearer now?

Regards
    DL
  • Nobeernolife
    There is no God who hates peopleAthena

Apparently you never read the Koran and the Haddiths. Try that before posting more false statements.
    and infinitely more aggressive.Nobeernolife

Tell that B.S. to all the victims of their inquisitions.

Regards
    DL
    Your claim that both are the same simply shows your ignorance on the issue.Nobeernolife

Your claim that both are not the same simply shows your ignorance on the issue.

We are done here as you are applying a double standard.

Regards
    DL
  • Nobeernolife
    Not so. He just thinks Christians and Jews should pay an extra tax for their poor thinking.
    Allah is just a title like god is. They have a nameless god iand that is why they say Allah is Yahweh.
    Clearer now?
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

Christians and Jews have to pay the head tax in order to be allowed to live, because Allah hates them. So your point is?

About Allah being another name for god, well, yes, same as Yahweh, but I am pointing out that this Allah/Yahwe would have to be schizophrenic.

By the way, you might want to argue this with the Malay authorities who do not allow Malaysian Christians to use the word Allah in their bibles.
  • Nobeernolife
    Your claim that both are not the same simply shows your ignorance on the issue.
    We are done here as you are applying a double standard.
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

No I am not. Did you see the Bill Maher interview that I posted? Maher addresses exactly this, and the interviewer try to bring up exactly your talking points.
  • Athena
    The way I understand the definitions, morals are the thinking part and ethics are the action part.

I share your wish that business and governments would be more democratic but they have a long way to go yet.

Christianity may work for millions, as you say, but it does not work to bring equality for all as they continue to preach their homophobic and misogynous teachings that victimises more millions than what it works for.

I think that the sooner we rid ourselves of the religions that are inferior in law to secular law, Christianity and Islam leading that list, the sooner all will have equality.

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

I must not have adequately explained why Christianity works. Christianity works and so do lucky rabbit's feet. I am speaking of the psychology of positive thinking and the psychology of moral stories no matter where the moral story comes from, folk tales or a holy book. It is not some mystical force involving a God that makes a difference, but believing in such a power can make a big difference. So can having a lucky rabbit's foot make a big difference. Believing the dead saints can protect you, works. So when Christians are absolutely sure from experience that prays, charms, sacrificing animals, works, yes, it works.

Speaking of religion and law, our Christian based correction system is a horror! It most certainly is not based on the science of human behavior and change. And neither is any decision regarding social problems based on the science when Christians are the majority. So the conservatives are not going to give us justice based on science and reasoning. Christian conservatives see fault in Muslim laws and Muslims find fault in Christian laws, and both of them are stuck in the past with a jealous, revengeful, fearsome and punishing God. Jesus is seen as a lucky rabbit foot, but not someone we should follow.
    Jesus sure as blazes did not say go to college and have a career that will get you a lot of money and ignore the less fortunate because they get what they deserve.
  • Athena
    Apparently you never read the Koran and the Haddiths. Try that before posting more false statements.Nobeernolife

Same God for Jews, Christians and Muslims. It is not logical to believe one of these groups has the true god and the others do not because they do not. Only culturally are they different.

And what is your defense for being such an unpleasant person? Do you believe Jesus would speak as you do?
  • christian2017

Jesus told the Pharicees they had the wrong concept of who God is. Do you understand what I am getting at. Typed from my phonE
  • Nobeernolife
    Same God for Jews, Christians and Muslims. It is not logical to believe one of these groups has the true god and the others do not because they do not. Only culturally are they different.Athena

You keep repeating yourself. Please try to read! I pointed out that the Koran is full of hatred against Christians and Jews. How is that possible if we are talking about the same god? It would mean god hates its own followers.
  • christian2017
    Correct. Life is extremely complex. Words matter.
  • christian2017

Correct. Life is extremely complex. Words matter. They need to understand that understanding requires reading.
    So when Christians are absolutely sure from experience that prays, charms, sacrificing animals, works, yes, it works.Athena

Yet god never cures amputees, indicating limits to this "works".
    Speaking of religion and law, our Christian based correction system is a horror!Athena

I agree with this and have no argument against the rest of what you put.
    You can think prayers work if you like, but please, if you get ill, go to a doctor and not a church.

I do recognized the power of positive thinking and bio feedback but that is it.

Regards
    DL
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.