• unenlightened
    Probably the very highest accolade one can receive around here, would be to be called a philosopher.

That's not going to happen very often, but perhaps you have spotted a few acknowledgements of a more limited order.

Such as this:

Well at least you don't come across as angry with an axe to grind,3017amen
  • Shawn
    You really think being called a philosopher is a compliment?
  • Noble Dust

I guess I can't tell how tongue-in-cheek this thread is, but I would say that my old grouchy freshman Honors English prof said it best...he wanted to teach us to "think and write clearly". Half of the entitled Honors kids dropped the class because he mostly gave us C's and D's (the horror), but that has stuck with me. I don't care to be a "philosopher", but I do try to "think and write clearly".

I did eventually drop out of the Honors College, btw, but not the two semesters of that class. I think I got a C overall.
  • Sir2u
    he wanted to teach us to "think and write clearly"Noble Dust

I have one extra requirement for my students, and they hate it as much as those guys did that teacher's ideas.

I want them to learn to read the freakin instructions.
  • unenlightened
    You really think being called a philosopher is a compliment?Shawn

That question is a compliment of an extremely limited order, however, the idea of the thread is to find them on the site and quote them, rather than make them up especially.

"But well done for making a contribution."
  • unenlightened
    I especially appreciate your translation of Yiddish into Spanglish.Artemis
  • Nils Loc
    " I love you all, platonically of course." — Nils Loc
  • unenlightened
    Don't be so hard on yourself, I think we're all here willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're extremely apathetic.boethius
  • Baden
    @Shawn has a pretty cool beard.
  • Shawn

Someone give @schopenhauer1 some happy pills...

I need some too.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.