• Michael Lee
    If you add a small pinch of saffron to boiling water before you add your rice, it transformed it into a brilliant, florescent yellow with an aroma and taste I am unable to describe. However, saffron has a terrifying dark side; it requires an army of slaves to produce it.
  • Nils Loc
    I don't think Saffron is anymore labor intensive than any other agricultural crop, just that the amount of yield is low compared to the demand for it. It might be preferable to picking pineapples.

Global agriculture is rife with labor injustice. Check out Rotten on Netflix, very interesting.

• Michael Lee
    I promise I will eventually view your presentation, but I'm frightened about what you are going to show me about food production. I can't help it!
  • Pfhorrest
    I know there's labor injustice throughout the agricultural world, but I'm just made about saffron. 'Cause saffron's mad about me.

a brilliant, florescent yellow with an aroma and taste I am unable to describeMichael Lee

"Mellow yellow"?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.