• TheMadFool
    It has come to the attention of our creator that we're not fully cognizant of many facts that pertain to our world. It worries him a lot and he has asked me to convey to you all a clarification, perhaps a revelation if I may say so.

Our creator has made an observation: that we seem to believe that there exists a self, a being as it were, that is capable of holding, like a cup holds liquid, beliefs. He asserts, justifiably so, that our notion of the self is like the thread that runs through the beads of a rosary, the beads representing changes in the set of beliefs a given person endorses. In this view, says our creator, beliefs are distinct from the self, alterable in nature with no effect on the self which remains constant as the cup while different liquids (read beliefs) are filled into and emptied from it.

It surprises our creator then that at times this notion of the self is trashed without even a second thought and the self-belief distinction vanishes: the beliefs and the person become one and the same. As an example, a poor one in my view but I'm not here to give my views, he cites how people hate people based on beliefs: people shout "he's a racist" with unbridled animosity when in fact, if we're to be consistent, we should be saying "he (a self) has racist beliefs". So, our creator would like for us to know that the latter, more accurate or more consistent, interpretation presents us with a wonderful opportunity for belief-correction which may help prevent a lot of misery for humans. The creator proclaims that a cup (read self), just as it may contain delicious chocolate, it may also be filled with deadly poison and just because the poison is abhorrent, it in no way implies that we should hate the cup itself.
  • god must be atheist
    It has come to the attention of our creator that we're not fully cognizant of many facts that pertain to our world. It worries him a lot and he has asked me to convey to you all a clarification, perhaps a revelation if I may say so.TheMadFool

Did you take down the Caller Id of the Creator when he called you? Or did make a note of his email address? This could be valuable information for, among other people, the Pope, Kevin Kavanagh, Jordan Peterson, and last but not least, me.

I'd sell the contact information to the highest bidder on eBay, if I were you.
  • christian2017

i agree. In my opinion racism is a spectrum that most people fall on. For the issue of calling names, i feel its just a quicker way of saying something so you don't have to say 8 words you can just say 2. All people have a breaking point and if you stick any person in the wrong circumstances they'll make really bad decisions or grow bad beliefs.
  • 3017amen
    Did you take down the Caller Id of the Creator when he called you?god must be atheist

I talked to God yesterday and he basically said Caller ID = Pantheism. I took no exception.

:brow:
  • TheMadFool
    Did you take down the Caller Id of the Creator when he called you? Or did make a note of his email address? This could be valuable information for, among other people, the Pope, Kevin Kavanagh, Jordan Peterson, and last but not least, me.

god must be atheist

:rofl: I was too shocked to think of taking down numbers. All I did was note down what he said about our faulty intuitions of the self.

For the issue of calling names, i feel its just a quicker way of saying something so you don't have to say 8 words you can just say 2.christian2017

Indeed, you're right and that's the big mistake isn't it? When convenience replaces truth as a priority it leads to erroneous thinking as my, the creator's, example shows and these linguistic short-cuts perpetuate and reinforce our misconceptions. Disaster is inevitable.
  • christian2017

— god must be atheist

:rofl: I was too shocked to think of taking down numbers. All I did was note down what he said about our faulty intuitions of the self.

For the issue of calling names, i feel its just a quicker way of saying something so you don't have to say 8 words you can just say 2.
    — christian2017

Indeed, you're right and that's the big mistake isn't it? When convenience replaces truth as a priority it leads to erroneous thinking as my, the creator's, example shows and these linguistic short-cuts perpetuate and reinforce our misconceptions. Disaster is inevitable.
    TheMadFool

It is unfortunate. the Holy book i adhere to has the "613" laws and then over 1050 laws in the next section. How does your creator feel about complacency and apathy?
  • TheMadFool
    It is unfortunate. the Holy book i adhere to has the "613" laws and then over 1050 laws in the next section. How does your creator feel about complacency and apathy?christian2017

He, the creator, hasn't made his thoughts known to me on those issues important as they are. Sorry. He or she, I'm not sure, will likely have something to contribute towards dispelling our confusion though.
  • 3017amen

Your OP reminds me of the wisdom associated with losing oneself. Self-discovery requires getting lost. That’s how we learn about ourselves, who we are, what we are meant to give, who we’re supposed to meet, what we’re supposed to learn from them, and where we’re supposed to go. That’s how we become.

If life went exactly as we planned or wanted, we wouldn’t change because we wouldn’t need to. And that isn’t life. That would just be accomplishing goals without internal change. And without internal change, there is no fulfillment or meaning.
  • TheMadFool
    Your OP reminds me of the wisdom associated with losing oneself. Self-discovery requires getting lost. That’s how we learn about ourselves, who we are, what we are meant to give, who we’re supposed to meet, what we’re supposed to learn from them, and where we’re supposed to go. That’s how we become.

If life went exactly as we planned or wanted, we wouldn’t change because we wouldn’t need to. And that isn’t life. That would just be accomplishing goals without internal change. And without internal change, there is no fulfillment or meaning.
    3017amen

:ok:
  • christian2017

Sounds great! Thanks alot friend.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.