• Book273
    TORONTO -- After an analysis of mobile phone data revealed more than a million Canadians – the majority of whom were white and wealthy – traveled overnight during the holiday season, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said anyone with a trip still planned should “cancel it.”

Taken from today's news headlines. So, loosely translated, the Canadian government is tracking our cell phones....awesome. I feel so safe, with my government tracking my movements.

On a different note, the next headline will read "travelers leave cell phones at home while on vacation".
  • The Opposite
    try living in china under the CCP
  • Book273
    I don't live in china. I live in Canada, the country that fought in WWI and WWII to avoid this kind of crap. I expect this if I am in China, or North Korea, or any other state controlled country. I guess we qualify here now for state monitoring. Civil liberties can eat it I guess. Burn the charter of rights because of Covid and the greater good. No point having a charter if we can just ignore it whenever things get rough eh.

What's the process to immigrate to the US? anyone....?
  • Monitor
    What's the process to immigrate to the US? anyone....?Book273

I wouldn't recommend it at the moment.
  • Book273
    I like Alaska. Probably be comfortable in Montana too.

Why not recommend it? The civil unrest or the virus?
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Taken from today's news headlines. So, loosely translated, the Canadian government is tracking our cell phones....awesome. I feel so safe, with my government tracking my movements.Book273

That's nothing new, they've always tracked phone records. Wait until they suspect you of committing a crime, they'll be all over your phone records. The public airwaves are not private, it's much wider transmission than going outside and shouting at the top of your lungs. If you can't handle it don't use a phone. And I don't think the US will give you anything better.
  • Monitor
    Well, both. But the last four years have severely tested a lot of the things that used to draw people to this country. At the moment I don't think our grass is any greener than yours.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.