• Zelebg
    After thousands of years the human race have finally figured out what consciousness is, and it just so happens to be me two hours ago. So let me now explain everything, and it is perhaps not much, but surely it’s at least a little bit.

Consciousness is not a simple emergent phenomena like liquidity, but a further product in a completely new ontological substrate that emerged within the nervous system, namely the virtual space of simulated reality, dreams and imagination, the realm of abstraction where potentially exist almost unlimited kinds of novel and irreducible entities and qualities.

Reality within reality, it could be called "parallel universe" as it is autonomous in many ways (free will) and consists of its own ontologically irreducible entities and independent events, or virtual “atoms”, virtual interactions, virtual properties, and new meta-emergent virtual constructs such as 'mental virtual reality' - the only "place" where virtual qualities are realized and perceived as actual.

There is no argument or empirical observation that disputes this, while the majority of theories and everything we know of points to it. And it’s not anything really new, I'm only pointing directly at something almost everyone else is already walking around, in circles, something that really is self-evident in many ways, if you just think about it. Right?

And to conclude let me say that ‘subjective experience’ is just an impression or change some internal or external event leaves upon a virtual “self-entity”. So the real mystery is not about understanding “experience”, which is simply collection / memory of ‘virtual qualities’, but the “subjective” part of that phrase having to do with “self-entity’ rather than qualia per se. By the way, has anyone ever even attempted anything like functional or pragmatic definition of the thing we call “self” or ego?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.