• Banno
    Does knowing it or believing it make it true,Harry Hindu

Neither,
  • deletedusercb
    Does knowing it or believing it make it true,Harry Hindu

You're turning what something means into something it does in this question. If we know it, that means it is true, in most definitions of 'know'.

Though since even knowledge is revisable, if one is, say, a scientist, even then it may turn out not to be.
  • Harry Hindu
    NeitherBanno
    :up:
    Excellent, Banno. You're more tin-headed than most but eventually make your way to seeing that I was correct all along.
  • Banno
    Yeah, Thing is, I'm making the same point I have been making for years.
  • Qwex
    If I claim to know, it can either be true or false, so the expression 'I know', is vague on that degree.

Knowledge, however, is not vague...

{{There's a difference between knowing and claiming to know; knowing is K, K-significant simulation aspect is KX.

If K, then KX - K = X. If -K, then KX - X = K. Simple code.}}

Knowledge is an accurate process.

If I actually know X then X - X = 0 is what I know. Whether or not you do or don't know is vague - but it's not vague if you do or don't.

I think knowledge is not a claim, but a effort. If I know without a claim it's a simple mental effort.
  • Harry Hindu
    Yeah, Thing is, I'm making the same point I have been making for years.Banno
    This thread doesnt contain what you've said for years - only what you've said recently, which is inconsistent.

Maybe that's the problem, Banno. You been saying the same thing for years, so you must think that there's nothing else for you to learn and that you know everything.
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.