• Shawn
    Hi,

I don't know how to function in society, and was wondering if anyone knows about residential (long-term) mental health care is an option in the US, (specifically California)?
  • RegularGuy
    Pretty much no since Reagan. Not unless you are criminally insane.
  • RegularGuy

Don’t fool yourself. After six months or less you would be begging for freedom.
  • Shawn
    Pretty much no since Reagan. Not unless you are criminally insane.Noah Te Stroete

Yeah, since that's true, I'm pretty much moving out of the country soon, I think and hope.

Don’t fool yourself. After six months or less you would be begging for freedom.Noah Te Stroete

Not sure, I tend to find freedom from myself in such places. I hope I can get on something similar in Poland.
  • RegularGuy
    Not sure, I tend to find freedom from myself in such places. I hope I can get on something similar in Poland.Wallows

Well, if it doesn’t work out the way you want it to right now, then I hope for you that you can adapt to whatever may come. Life almost never does what we want it to. Sometimes it does.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.