• Gregory
    About philosophy: Philosophical truth appears to be like roulette. You put in an input and what you want you get out, but in a random form. Scientific truth is existential truth, and there appears to be a meta-principle behind it all.
  • alcontali
    I talked about the ideology, just like the Mufti of Jerusalem did.Nobeernolife

For a starters, an alim acting in the capacity of mufti is supposed to produce religious advisories that are syntactic entailments from scripture. None of what the Mufti of Jerusalem wrote, referred to scripture in any fashion, let alone, syntactically entailed from scripture.

Secondly, I even wonder why he was even called a mufti?

The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem is the Sunni Muslim cleric in charge of Jerusalem's Islamic holy places, including the Al-Aqsa Mosque.[1] The position was created by the British military government led by Ronald Storrs in 1918.[2][3] The creation of the new title was intended by the British to "enhance the status of the office".[4] When Kamil al-Husayni died in 1921, the British High Commissioner Herbert Samuel appointed Mohammad Amin al-Husayni to the position.Wikipedia on Grand Mufti of Jerusalem

I personally always reject, out of hand, religious advisories originating from clergy appointed by or under control of secular authorities. That type of clergy can simply not be trusted for advice. Furthermore, I also always reject, out of hand, religious advisories originating from public figures, since they will obviously always be under pressure from secular authorities. Furthermore, the secular authority which bestowed this Islamic title onto Amin al-Husseini was not even Islamic.

Thirdly, sourcing religious advisories always requires a substantial effort in "mufti shopping". It is not because one mufti advises in one particular way that there would be consensus ("ijma") on his advisory amongst the religious scholars ("ulema").

Fourthly, Amin al-Husseini had been trained as an Ottoman administrator meant to join its bureaucracy, and not as a cleric:

In Jerusalem Amin al-Husseini attended a Qur'an school (kuttub), and Ottoman government secondary school (rüshidiyye) where he learned Turkish, and a Catholic secondary school run by French missionaries, the Catholic Frères, where he learned French.[21] He also studied at the Alliance Israélite Universelle with its non-Zionist Jewish director Albert Antébi.[22] In 1912 he studied Islamic law briefly at Al-Azhar University in Cairo and at the Dar al-Da'wa wa-l-Irshad, under Rashid Rida, a salafi intellectual, who was to remain Amin's mentor till his death in 1935.[23] Though groomed to hold religious office from youth, his education was typical of the Ottoman effendi at the time, and he only donned a religious turban in 1921 after being appointed mufti.[21]Wikipedia on the educational background of Amin al-Husseini

In my impression, he was not even qualified to produce religious advisories. I do not endorse the use of the clerical designation 'mufti' for members of the secular bureaucracy:

A mufti (/ˈmʌfti/; Arabic: مفتي‎) is an Islamic jurist qualified to issue a nonbinding opinion (fatwa) on a point of Islamic law (sharia).[1][2] The act of issuing fatwas is called iftāʾ.[3] Muftis and their fatwas played an important role throughout Islamic history, taking on new roles in the modern era.[4][5]Wikipedia on the term mufti

Therefore, even though I do not necessarily reject the soundness of his secular decisions or of his political leadership in Palestine, my opinion about Amin al-Husseini is that he was merely some kind of Ottoman bureaucrat with very weak reference to Islamic law and who was masquerading as a mufti without actually being one.
  • Sir2u
    On the other hand, if you listen to even the most extreme and radical Muslims, such as Osama bin Laden or so, or even to some people in the ISIS crowd, have you ever heard them referring to Nazi literature?alcontali

How could anyone that has no education and cannot read be expected to cite the works of hitler or any other nazi?

As I have mentioned earlier, the holocaust could simply not have taken place in the Middle East or in any other Muslim-majority country because the Nazi policy of die Endlösung der Jüdenfrage is in violation of a long list of legal clauses in the Quran.alcontali

I could never happen because not enough jews live in those places. But that does not mean that killing on a smaller scale has not happened.

Do not bother to reply, I don't want any more of your garbage directed at me.
  • alcontali
    Do not bother to reply, I don't want any more of your garbage directed at me.Sir2u

In that case, do not address your own garbage to me. Capito? Furthermore, who the hell do you think you are that you can give orders to other users on this forum? You, arrogant loser!
  • _db
    What should religion do for us today?Michael Lee

GTFO
  • Gregory
    Muslims hate Hindus and Buddhists unless they can control them. They don't bother much with orientals and even allow themselves to be persecuted by them. Aquinas and Liguori called Muslims animals. Christians look to other sources for joy, and can appreciate pop wink wink. What the he'll does capito mean btw
  • Gregory
    Use curse words from your own culture ancontali. Youre not an Italian mobster. You wouldn't get their jazz. Did you guys know there are twice as many people in Europe alone over the Middle East?
  • Gregory
    Try this, track 13 if you can get to the end of it..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Wee_Small_Hours
  • Gregory
    Wait, Sinatra is a dog? Them fighting words. I'll publicly debate this Muslim. Message me Ancontali. You're a sun worshipper and I prefer the moon. No funny business cus I can snapped most people's spines with a hang nail
  • Gregory
    Muslims are ungenerous slave owners, so we don't want them ruling the West. Where is their art? I am the handsomest man in history, as strong as an ox say the cops, a certified black belt, and the best crooner and wrestler in town
  • Nobeernolife
    For a starters, an alim acting in the capacity of mufti is supposed to produce religious advisories that are syntactic entailments from scripture. None of what the Mufti of Jerusalem wrote, referred to scripture in any fashion, let alone, syntactically entailed from scripture.alcontali

So now you are bashing Al Al Husseini? I would agree he is worthy bashing (just as his friend Adolf Hitler is), but you are pretty alone in that assessment. Husseini is a well respected cleric and went on to be come teacher of Hassan Al Banna, who founded the Muslim Brotherhood, the most powerful and influential Sunni islamist organization today.

Well, I am glad you are distancing yourself from the Muslim Brotherhood, but you are also distancing yourself from islamic teaching then.
  • Nobeernolife
    As I have mentioned earlier, the holocaust could simply not have taken place in the Middle East or in any other Muslim-majority country because the Nazi policy of die Endlösung der Jüdenfrage is in violation of a long list of legal clauses in the Quran.alcontali

Really now? You do realize that Saudi Arabia and Gaza Strip are 100% free of Jews ("judenrein" as Hitler would have called it), and in all other Arab muslim countries, the few remaining Jews are living under discriminatory Dhimmi conditions. What was that again about "apartheid"?

Also, what does your "long list of legal clauses in the Qoran" say about the Armenian genocide, carried out by the Ottoman empire, which quite rivals the Nazi holocaust?
  • Nobeernolife
    You're a sun worshipper and I prefer the moon.Gregory

You do realize that the moon is the islamic symbol, meant to replace the cross, don`t you?
  • DingoJones

Youre being trolled dude.
  • Nobeernolife
    Youre being trolled dude.DingoJones

Really? By who? It is hard to tell these days. I.e. when I turn on the TV and see the talking heads at CNN, I really can´t tell if I these people are serious or just have a great time trolling everyone.
  • Gregory
    I'm serious about Muslim trolls, because they can case some damage. They dont have the man power or resources to conquer the West East or anything. They are a dying breed, a sex addicted organized population. Christianity by itself can show them their contradictory ways. Are they even ready for atheism?
  • Nobeernolife

Really? I dont think he is trolling. His response is pretty typical for what I get from muslim zealots.
  • DingoJones

Id bet ya if there was some way to tell...unless YOURE the troll! :brow:
  • alcontali
    So now you are bashing Al Al Husseini? I would agree he is worthy bashing (just as his friend Adolf Hitler is), but you are pretty alone in that assessment.Nobeernolife

My opinion on him is mixed. I agree with his anti-Zionist efforts but I do not agree with his Faustian pact with the Nazis. But then again, it is not as if the Zionists weren't good friends with the Gestapo and the SS either:

The Gestapo and the SS inconsistently cooperated with a variety of Jewish organizations and efforts (e.g., Hanotaiah Ltd., the Anglo-Palestine Bank, the Temple Society Bank, HIAS, Joint Distribution Committee, Revisionist Zionists, and others), most notably in the Haavurah Agreements, to facilitate emigration to Mandatory Palestine.Wikipedia on the Zionist love affair with the Gestapo and the SS

Look at this here:

The Haavara Agreement (Hebrew: הֶסְכֵּם הַעֲבָרָה Translit.: heskem haavara Translated: "transfer agreement") was an agreement between Nazi Germany and Zionist German Jews signed on 25 August 1933. The agreement was finalized after three months of talks by the Zionist Federation of Germany, the Anglo-Palestine Bank (under the directive of the Jewish Agency) and the economic authorities of Nazi Germany.

The Haavara Agreement was thought among some German circles to be a possible way to solve the "Jewish problem."
    Wikipedia on the Haavara Agreement

The Zionists were more than happy to help the Nazis with solving their "Jewish problem". In what other ways, did they offer to help the Nazis, huh? So, the Zionists apparently went around Europe, travelling left and right, offering to help with solving other countries' "Jewish problem" ... with a view on creating a new one in Palestine.

Husseini is a well respected cleric and went on to be come teacher of Hassan Al Banna, who founded the Muslim Brotherhood, the most powerful and influential Sunni islamist organization today. Well, I am glad you are distancing yourself from the Muslim Brotherhood, but you are also distancing yourself from islamic teaching then.Nobeernolife

I have not made any representations or comments about anybody named Hassan Al Banna or about the Muslim Brotherhood, which is an organization that can only be assessed on their own merits or lack thereof.
  • Nobeernolife
    But then again, it is not as if the Zionists weren't good friends with the Gestapo and the SS either:alcontali

Where do you get that from? Any source for this truly bizarre idea?
  • alcontali
    Also, what does your "long list of legal clauses in the Qoran" say about the Armenian genocide, carried out by the Ottoman empire, which quite rivals the Nazi holocaust?Nobeernolife

After a long series of "reforms", and especially after the Young Turks had taken over power, the Ottoman empire had become a nationalist, secular state. The Sharif of Mecca started the Arab Revolt in 1916 exactly for that reason:

The Sharif of Mecca proclaimed the Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire, accusing the Committee of Union and Progress of violating tenets of Islam and limiting the power of the sultan-caliph.Wikipedia on the Arab Revolt

Large parts of the Middle East were already at war with the Ottoman empire when the Armenian genocide took place. The successor state to the Ottoman Empire, Turkey, is also a nationalist, secular state, that is prone to ideological manipulations. The entire Kurdish conflict also started only after the Ottoman empire became a nationalist, secular state.
  • Nobeernolife
    But then again, it is not as if the Zionists weren't good friends with the Gestapo and the SS either:alcontali

Ah, sorry I get now what you are referring to. Yes, the Gestapo and SS were originally ordered to facilitate Jewish deportation to the historical Jewish homeland in the British Mandate of Palestine, while the Mufti of Jerusame and muslim clerics in general preferred the mass murder of Jews, that is correct.
    However, you get from that to deny that Nazism and Islam do not agree in their hatred of Jews is not clear from me. The writing and statements are quite clear.
  • alcontali
    Where do you get that from? Any source for this truly bizarre idea?Nobeernolife

I have posted two links for that.
  • Nobeernolife
    I have posted two links for that.alcontali

Yes, I answered that now. I too would "cooperate" with someone who gives me the choice to either a) flee or b) be murdered. I do not think from that you can conclude I am friends with the thug who gives me the choice.
  • alcontali
    Yes, the Gestapo and SS were originally ordered to facilitate Jewish deportation to the historical Jewish homeland in the British Mandate of Palestine, while the Mufti of Jerusame and muslim clerics in general preferred the mass murder of Jews, that is correct.Nobeernolife

No, these European Jews were just supposed to stay in Europe. The Palestinians were not keen on their mass deportation to Palestine.
  • Nobeernolife
    No, these European Jews were just supposed to stay in Europe.alcontali

,,,,,and get murdered. Yep, very compassionate.

By the way, the term "Palestinian" simply means resident of Palestine. That includes Jews (the original inhabitants), Christians, Druzes, Muslims, and others. The Druzes, Christians and Jews have no problem with immigration of Jews, Only the Muslim Arabs have.
    Your use of the term "Palestinians" to mean "muslim Arabs" is highly misleading.
  • alcontali
    ,,,,,and get murdered.Nobeernolife

Well no, that was a Nazi idea. That was not an idea that came from the Middle East. You are again trying to shift the blame for the Holocaust to others. The Holocaust was perpetrated by Europeans on Europeans because of European ideology.
  • Nobeernolife
    The Holocaust was perpetrated by Europeans on Europeans because of European ideology.alcontali

What the heck is "European ideology"? Something you just made up?

As for the islamic view on the holocaust, the leading Sunni cleric confirms that it is Allas will:
    "Throughout history, Allah has imposed upon the Jews people who would punish them for their corruption. The last punishment was carried out by Hitler. By means of all the things he did to them—even though they exaggerated this issue—he managed to put them in their place. This was divine punishment for them. Allah willing, the next time will be at the hand of the believers."
    (Yusuf al-Qaradawi)
  • alcontali
    What the heck is "European ideology"? Something you just made up?Nobeernolife

Was Nazism then rather a Chinese ideology?

As for the islamic view on the holocaust, the leading Sunni cleric confirms that it is Allas will:
    "Throughout history, Allah has imposed upon the Jews people who would punish them for their corruption. The last punishment was carried out by Hitler. By means of all the things he did to them—even though they exaggerated this issue—he managed to put them in their place. This was divine punishment for them."
    (Yusuf al-Qaradawi)
    Nobeernolife

First of all, everything that happens in the universe is deemed to be Allah's will. Allah is considered to be Aristotle's first mover.

Of course, that does not mean that it is appropriate or even anywhere tasteful to gleefully designate a painful calamity as a "serves you right" event. The doctrine is meant to be used as a general guideline and not as an opportunity to make fun of someone who has just suffered a debilitating setback.

When we read the holy Quran and Hadiths minutely, we can conclude three points:
    1. Natural disasters are punishment of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala for those people who are either disbelievers or cross His limits;
    2. Natural disasters are warning for the sinners;
    3. Natural disasters are test for the believers.
    Natural disasters and calamities in light of Quran and Sunnah
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet