• Qwex
    When I think about a topic that I read on this forum, and formulate a reply, is that thought-process mathematics? Or partially mathematical in nature?

If I think about any object, there is how it relates to my object and my locale; there is it's own property and locale, and there is all non-local data, which is the property of that thinking.

If I run, I am local to running for a period.

If I open a door, I am non-local to that action.

What is the difference between the two modes?

Thought equals thought, but thought about world equals mathematical thought?

I'm happy to be corrected. I want to hear greater minds on the matter.

In fact, I know I'm wrong but I want this solved by the Turing Philosophy Forum.

Perhaps it will supply new knowledge on thought?
  • Arne
    It is when I think 2 + 2 equals 4.
  • Arne
    partially, yes. And for the most part, the degree to which thought is partially mathematical is going to be mostly the same as the degree to which thought is logical. and for the most part, when it comes to logic, mathematics is more precise than thought.
  • Qwex
    I agree with this.

In my formulation of a reply to this, I could've properly conducted mathematics, rather than letting my thoughts roll in the background.

And I did conduct mathematics, partially.

So regular thought isn't math, but it is partially mathematical in nature.
  • Pantagruel
    It is when I think 2 + 2 equals 4.Arne

I was initially thinking this too. But by this reasoning, when I am looking at an apple, is my thought therefore "coloured"?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment