• Shawn
    :lol:
  • ZhouBoTong
    What happens when the all seeing eye turns inward?Wallows

Nothing, it was already all seeing.
  • Shawn
    Nothing, it was already all seeing.ZhouBoTong

Are you sure about that? Because the union was never perfected to start with. So, something must have had to ontologically happen to the All-Seeing-Eye when it turned its gaze inward.
  • ZhouBoTong
    So, something must have had to ontologically happen to the All-Seeing-Eye when it turned its gaze inward.Wallows

If it is truly "all seeing" it can never "turn" its gaze. That implies limits of its vision before it "turned inward". If I see ALL, what happens when I turn my head? I still see all. Now if we are calling something "all seeing" that is actually not "all seeing" due to some un-perfected union (I am not exactly sure what this is referring to), then obviously things change.
  • ZhouBoTong
    Yes, that is what I pictured as the all seeing eye.

So the "union" is the completion of the pyramid? So it is not "all seeing" until it rejoins with its base? Why do we call it the "all seeing eye" if it actually has rather limited vision due to its incomplete nature?

It seems you are creating dogma for a non-existent entity?

To be fair, I am probably just missing the joke, as usual. Carry on.
  • Shawn

Nah, your ahead of the game. I doubt I'd have the godlike courage or ability to look inwards.

Maybe it crystalized or blinked.
  • Nils Loc
    So there is no answer. Ha!

The Eye of Providence brings to mind political conspiracy (Illumanatism), what with its Masonic origins.

Because God is now dead, his eye has been inherited by the special interests of the state, which gain more power through the market of surveillance capitalism and state corruption.

If the eye turns against itself it could mean self-exposure of the surveillance activities of a neofascism.

When the Eye turns Inward and the mouth speaks to the public, it Wikileaks a tear for the state of the nation.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.