• noAxioms
    Are you also considering the multitude of multiverses also?Wallows
    No, but do those exist to a solipsist? Why count them? Why simulate them?

Any solipsistic universe can be (potentially) uncountably infinite, as per the pre-existing universe from where the solipsist derives their solipsism.
    You talking about the scale of the container universe simulating this one? The properties of that are completely undefined, so I can offer no opinion.
  • Shawn
    No, but do those exist to a solipsist?noAxioms

To a solipsist, the only universe that exists is one in which their self is the same with the world. Does that make more sense?

You talking about the scale of the container universe simulating this one? The properties of that are completely undefined, so I can offer no opinion.noAxioms

That's true; but, we can measure models and traits of the original universe through measurement and observation of this one, yes? Kinda, Plato's cave or Kantian noumenal.
  • noAxioms
    To a solipsist, the only universe that exists is one in which their self is the same with the world. Does that make more sense?Wallows
    Guess I'd make a lousy solipsist because no, that doesn't make sense to me, and here I am, an idealist of a weird sort.

That's true; but, we can measure models and traits of the original universe through measurement and observation, yes? Kinda, Plato's cave.
    You're saying the original universe is simulating the experience of something with the same rules as itself. How might you know that?
  • Shawn
    Guess I'd make a lousy solipsist because no, that doesn't make sense to me.noAxioms

Dreams are just an example here if it's really that hard to comprehend.

You're saying the original universe is simulating the experience of something with the same rules as itself. How might you know that?noAxioms

Hmmm, it seems to me that to emulate the ancestor universe would be pointless, so I don't think there are hidden variables at play in any particular sub-universe. It would require one to continuously rewrite the code of the current universe to be able to simulate it with new rules. Not impossible though.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet