• RegularGuy
    When I was married to my ex-wife, she told me that the guy I beat had “fucked her best friend in her sleep.” I already didn’t like the guy because he would spend nights over at my house with my ex and her best friend when I was away. He also made fun of me for being “weak” for taking medications for depression and psychosis.

So when he called my house that same day that my ex told me that, I was irate and threatened him and told him to never come to my house again. Well, he showed up at my front door about an hour later with his buddy to kick my ass. I fought both of them, and his buddy cut my eye which I needed stitches for later (he was wearing rings). After his buddy cut my eye, I didn’t go down but yelled, “you fucker!” and I stood my ground. He must have been, well, I don’t know what he thought but he told me to fight the alleged rapist. I walked up to the guy and jacked him in the face, and I kept hitting him. He didn’t go down as I expected him to but kept ahold of my shirt with his clenched fist. So, I kept hitting him in a rage. Mind you I was rushing with adrenaline from the cut eye. He still didn’t go down but kept clutching my shirt. I finally stopped when his buddy said something. I can’t remember what he said, but I realized that I had done enough. His buddy helped him to their truck, and it was over.

This guy’s best friend from high school is a Sheriff’s deputy in that county. Even though I was never charged by the DA because no jury would ever convict me, I’ve been harassed by the police ever since. I’ve also been under surveillance ever since.

Oh well.
  • RegularGuy
    That was 16 years ago. Sixteen years of harassment and surveillance. I still don’t have a criminal record.
  • RegularGuy
    Plus sixteen years of gaslighting.
  • Baden
    You beat someone up and you consider this an issue meriting public attention because... ?
  • Sir2u
    "Are the police just or am I just? "

Cops are not supposed to be either. Their job is to try to prevent and investigate crime. Justice comes later.

What you described has nothing to do with the police organization as such. It is just a bunch of bullies taking advantage of the fact that they wear uniforms.
  • RegularGuy
    Cops are not supposed to be either. Their job is to try to prevent and investigate crime. Justice comes later.

What you described has nothing to do with the police organization as such. It is just a bunch of bullies taking advantage of the fact that they wear uniforms.
    Sir2u

It would be healthier for me to view it this way. Thanks.
  • Hanover
    When I was married to my ex-wife, she told me that the guy I beat had “fucked her best friend in her sleep.” I already didn’t like the guy because he would spend nights over at my house with my ex and her best friend when I was away. He also made fun of me for being “weak” for taking medications for depression and psychosisNoah Te Stroete

You suffered from psychosis, you were heavily biased against the guy, and the only evidence of guilt came from an ex-wife. I'm not convinced the guy was guilty of rape. Sounds like your ex might have manipulated something here, especially since it ounds like she might have been sleeping with him at some point.

I could be completely wrong of course and just looking for an interesting twist, but I've decided to be his lawyer, not yours in this 16 year old saga.
  • RegularGuy
    I could be completely wrong of course and just looking for an interesting twist, but I've decided to be his lawyer, not yours in this 16 year old saga.Hanover

Good for you. He deserved the beating, and I feel no guilt.
  • Hanover
    Good for you. He deserved the beating, and I feel no guilt.Noah Te Stroete

This is irrelevant to the question of the OP of whether you were just. You obviously wonder if you were objectively just because you asked the question here. If you acknowledge you might not have been just, then the fact you feel no guilt only means you lack a conscience. That is yet another factor I must consider when I'm weighing his credibility against yours when considering the OP of whether you were just.
  • RegularGuy
    If you acknowledge you might not have been just, then the fact you feel no guilt only means you lack a conscience. That is yet another factor I must consider when I'm weighing his credibility against yours when considering the OP of whether you were just.Hanover

My conscience is clear concerning Troy. Talk about projection. If anyone on this forum lacks a conscience, it’s clearly you. You don’t empathize with anyone, and certainly not Troy. I know what you’re doing. You’re trying to get my goat. People here might pretend to like you because they think you are funny, but if people really knew you in real life, I would bet that no one would trust you with their pet rock. You are so transparent.
  • god must be atheist
    I don't know about the harrassment, but the surveillance is not a bad thing. They protect you as much as they keep an eye on you.

Similarly to the adage, "the best accident prevention device is a cop car in your rear-view mirror." All of a sudden you stop cutting corners: you come to a full stop at each stop sign, you never make illegal turns, etc. etc.

I think everyone ought to have police surveillance. Especially the high-rolling politicians, businessmen and -women, and athletic coaches, priests, and the like.
  • god must be atheist
    You did not beat him up because he did your friend's or wive's gf. You beat him up in self-defence. There is nothing wrong with that. You can't get convicted for that. You can't even get charged for that.

If I were you, I would stop serving up the story that you beat him up and put him in the hospital because he made sex to a strange woman in her sleep.
  • god must be atheist
    I would bet that no one would trust you with their pet rock.Noah Te Stroete

I once lent my pet rock to my best friend, in grade 2, and he ate it.

I cried for days.
  • god must be atheist
    I cried for days.god must be atheist

That little piece of rock was the only thing that had ever shown any affection for me.

Don't anyone ever tell me that rocks have a heart of stone.
  • RegularGuy
    You did not beat him up because he did your friend's or wive's gf. You beat him up in self-defence. There is nothing wrong with that.god must be atheist

This is true. I have been listening to the harassers for too long. They just wanted revenge, and they couldn’t get it any other way than to soil my reputation. I started to believe their lies.

One more point about that night in late 2003. After I threatened Troy and told him never to come to my house again, his friend called back and said, “You fucked up.” They showed up at my door in less than an hour. His friend hit me in the eye with a fist full of rings.

Now I might have been diagnosed with psychosis, but Troy and his friends are alcoholics who drink all day every day. He showed up drunk and ready to kick my ass that night. He left with his ass kicked.

Psychotic or not, I speak the truth. Alcoholics tend to be assholes. I’m only an asshole when I’m stressed out. I’ve been mostly stressed out my entire life. I only find peace when I have been left alone for significant periods of time. That’s why I tend to stay home alone.

What you say about surveillance is probably true. They watch me to keep me safe. People slander my name every day. They have to watch me to know what’s true and what’s not. I had realized this a while back, but somehow I recently forgot.
  • god must be atheist
    Difficult situation. Have you given any thought of relocating? Canada is a nice country.
  • RegularGuy
    Difficult situation. Have you given any thought of relocating? Canada is a nice country.god must be atheist

Canada seems like a great country, but the US is my home. Nobody’s gonna drive me out of my home.
  • god must be atheist
    You have a big home. I only rent a Bachelor. In NYC it would count as a Royal Suite. In Texas, it would count as a studio, or a closet, or a flea-hole in the wall. Both, without changing a square inch in its size.
  • RegularGuy
    I have a nice home that my mother helped my wife and I get. It’s in a small town in the upper Midwest, the middle of nowhere. I make bad inferences about people in general when I encounter assholes like Hanover, but there are plenty of good people here. I just need to focus on them.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.