• Enrique
    On an aesthetic note, which philosopher had the best beard, and which era wins the prize for best beards collectively? I think its tough to top the Romantic period, but maybe ancient Greece could supply some competition. As for the leading individual, shocking revelations might be in store.
  • Pfhorrest
    As someone who thinks the best beard is no beard, I expect our rankings by this criteria will be incommensurable (and I say that as someone who named his philosophy Commensurablism).
  • Pantagruel
    I think Karl Marx really pulls it off.
  • Nils Loc
    If a mustache connects to a beard, does it share its being with the beard?

You might have to block out mustaches depending on how you want to do the judging.

In fact, will have to block out the philosopher entirely and just see the beard, to be anally objective.
  • god must be atheist
    Those ranking philosophers! I was once near one, and the rank smell almost knocked me out.

Continental philosophers generally take less frequent baths than their American Analyitic counterparts.

And females hardly ever enter the profession for this very reason.

Physical over-cleanliness and fifi and boobie and primness and such have never been part of my life.

Loftiness is much more apt to stick to a philosopher than cleanliness.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.