• Brett

My feeling is that depression doesn’t work.
  • Shawn
    My feeling is that depression doesn’t work.Brett

It doesn't mean it has no purpose. Still trying to figure where it's fitting in the grand scheme of things, hereabouts.
  • Brett

It doesn't mean it has no purposeWallows

That’s an interesting point. Does everything have a purpose?
  • Shawn
    That’s an interesting point. Does everything have a purpose?Brett

I don't really know, man. I wish there were a simple answer to all this wallowing. But, I suppose I have to learn to cope with it.

I hope I'm not making you reconsider abandoning this forum, again.
  • Brett

I’m serious about that. Post it; does everything have a purpose?
  • Shawn
    Post it; does everything have a purpose?Brett

If you subscribe to the Principle of Sufficient Reason, then yes, everything has a cause and reason for it.
  • Brett
    See, your smothering your spirit.
  • Shawn
    See, your smothering your spirit.Brett

By wallowing? I think wallowing is just a harmless coping mechanism. Though, it is getting somewhat boring.

*Just wallows*
  • Shawn
    How's the coffee?
  • Brett

The person I was waiting for was late. In the end though it was fine.
  • Shawn

Wallows...
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Wallowsome, but acceptable.Wallows

It doesn't have to always be acceptable to you. You may be nearing the end of that level of depression.
  • Shawn
    It doesn't have to always be acceptable to you. You may be nearing the end of that level of depression.ArguingWAristotleTiff

:grin:

But, wallowing is healthy. Pigs have much to teach us.
  • Hanover
    I must have asked or therapists must get this question a lot; but, what do you do when you lose the will to live or simply get tired of it?Wallows
    If you're bored, stop being boring. I'd suggest you get a dog, name him Winnie, and the two of you drive up the California coast to Oregon. Camp out in a yurt and write a journal about your travels with Winnie.
  • Shawn
    If you're bored, stop being boring.Hanover

Not this again. "Stop" is such a magical word here. So purposeful, and effective that when applied to mental states, would seem to make the problem (almost as-if) vanish away. Bingo?
  • Hanover
    Not this again. "Stop" is such a magical word here. So purposeful, and effective that when applied to mental states, would seem to make the problem (almost as-if) vanish away. Bingo?Wallows

So you want me to stop saying stop? Neither of us can just stop it seems.

Anyway, don't focus on the stop part. Focus on getting you that dog.
  • Shawn
    So you want me to stop saying stop? Neither of us can just stop it seems.

Anyway, don't focus on the stop part. Focus on getting you that dog.
    Hanover

Well, my sister just moved in and she brought her dog, Sol, with her. I'm quite happy with the dog, though he's been abused (most likely), but is getting over it with her tenderness and care towards him.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.