• Yanni
    Hi everyone,

I’m new here and would just like to introduce myself with these thoughts/questions.

This is something that I’ve been thinking about lately.

Could it be reasonable to assume that our perceived reality is (just) an external projection i.e. a representation of how we excogitate internally. And in that way is it perhaps just a ‘tool’ that we have developed in order to better process our ideas?

In this case our ‘ideas’ would have had to come before our bodies as they too would be a representation of some structure of thought.

Knowing the origin of these ideas would be knowing what came before the body.
    I guess I’m saying that i see a correlation between this sentiment and not knowing the origin of ‘life’/the universe’

Is this idealism? Because part of the usefulness of the ‘tool’ would have to be our perception that this is the realist reality we get...

Again I’m new here and have only started to take learning about philosophy a little more seriously.

I hope this makes sense haha if not please feel free to direct me to anyone I should read that may help me make more sense of these loose ideas!

Thanks
  • Shawn
    Welcome.

And idealism sounds about right here.
  • Yanni
    Thank you, glad to be here :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.