• DrProphet
    Alright sorry if this feels ranty or whatever, the cognitive ability of the average person's I encounter is quite annoying and i'm sure to exhibit some aggressive behaviors about it, my apologies. Though on a forum like this that might be the common experience, limiting yourself to common ways of speaking or kidding down one's ideas in order for others to understand what you're saying etc. I don't care too much about using the most precise and elaborate verbiages though I do hope it to be legible and not a chore to read. If it is, then advice would help as im not well versed in the art of conceptual expression and idea forming to others, or at least not to the standards Id like to be at. I think more intuitively and allow my ideas to manifest near the end without knowing certainly how I got there, and then working backwards from that point to clarify why the position feels correct. I was never really taught how to think or that it was even an art form of sorts and that it can be improved etc. however I feel I do have some ideas to contribute and here I am attempting to learn how. This may also feel like a monologue i'm not sure, I don't have an "audience" and am not as sure as to how I should word things when directed towards multiple people. I`m used to internal dialogue and 1 on 1 or small group discussions of ideas as I do not know many people I know who enjoy deep conversations. "Get out more and maybe you'll find them!" Shut up tbh lol

The "normies", if you will, to ironically use a term I find amusing(though those who use the term I often find repulsive) tend to view confidence and unwavering dedication to one's own perspective to be narcissistic or unfair, they want to "win" an argument or feel good about their own ideas so for someone to disregard their views repeatedly causes eruptions of passive aggressive behavior or unconscious rejection towards the source of doubt, if not direct aggression. The societal expectation is to be humble and not look too closely at certain things people take for granted, there exists so much depth in any given point of focus whether it be an action or field of daily life that the majority likes to glance over; or due to lacking awareness does not have a choice in recognizing the immense multifaceted, layering of misperceived "simple" aspects of life. For nothing is simple, yet simple it also be. Contradictory answers to the same question or holding contradictory opinions is regarded by most as nonsensical and that one must identify himself with his ideas and be held to them. "I must be this character I have defined myself as with little variation day to day and I believe I am in control of my actions..." utter nonsense. How little control we have over anything, in fact it may be more true to insist that we have no free will or control whatsoever, as cause and effect dictate much of our actions as well as mere biological/habitual determinism. How you were raised, how your genetics are, how lucky you got in the raffle of skill-circumstance, environmental/societal needs and reverence; that doesn't even tread into the uncertain metaphysical waters of whether we choose/ are given a destiny before life to best suit us and teach us things. Why did I make that choice? What caused the situations responsible for my development which would one day lead to the choosing of this position and not the other? All things are connected and related and to identify as the character who, to your observation "chooses" to do something is totally illogical. I mean its easier I guess, I`m right here, its the most identifiable thing to identify with lol. But if you do that you're somewhat fucked. I think it can work a bit for short term immediate tasks but in order to plan and actually make yourself useful to anyone else you can't hold such a simple viewpoint.

By being humble you retract a foothold from those around you who would hope to grow through conflicting ideas.(well conflict in general but in our time in my location conflict happens far less outside the conceptual realms, thankfully.) By not showing what you've got, being a little abrasive and standing out all you do is stay "safe". Not even safe really, what is safety? You're just staying the same, which you for some reason believe to be safer than to be somewhere else, which is often just a silly belief, as well as worse than where you'd be if you weren't such a cowardly humble mess. Just show off and try to prove your point or get proven wrong like jeez, stop caring so much what others think of you and stand by your truth, and if you are proven wrong then cut that truth out of you. There are certainly levels of "class" when it comes to showing off and one could certainly express their opinion or idea while being as humble as possible, that is ideal. But sometimes people just need a punch in the throat, "Your idea is wrong and you are an idiot for having it, though with that being said you can improve and cut out that faulty bit of data and better yourself by adopting this new belief." Pain is not always to be avoided, sometimes it's best to just hurt people mentally, grow the fuck up stop thinking what you believe must have intrinsic value. If a piece of you is broken or decayed you cut it out and move on, stop holding onto some disgusting long dead corpse of an idea so you can fit in with some cult-ture. You can ask the "wrong questions", you can be absolutely worthless in some areas and certainly are. You MUST learn to recognize cognitive ability and wisdom and when someone who has that or is more educated in a particular field than you, then you must concede.

Idk, just wanted to vent. I think democracy is a silly idea which tricks people into feeling like they matter when ideally they should not be allowed to matter on such a large scale. Need a vibe check on who should be able to influence government/society know what I mean? Its okay to analyze and notice that someone is terrible for some job, you let them do a different job lol. We can't all be decision makers, do something constructive or artistic but stay as far as you possibly can that requires a capacity to decide things for others. A good king with advisors and a less majority rule bullshit make the peasants feel good type government with elected, can you believe that, ELECTED officials? Popular choice is a downward spiral. Break society until a 'competence and kindness rules' system is able to exist, everything else is a disgrace. Freedom is an idealistic daydream of an idiot who has selfish intent. Find a ruler to put your faith in who you've deemed capable of thinking far better than you can, someone who if they do something you don't like, you acknowledge they likely have a good reason. A ruler sits below the lowest of society, holding the ground on which they walk steady. He who does the difficult job of service and does not feel resentment for doing so. He who finds purpose in ensuring the victory of his people, and in an era of instant communication, that people should be global. BE THE HEROES WHO STAND OUT AND RAISE HELL TOWARDS MEDIOCRITY.

ok bye bye was fun, for every word I spoke I could go on eternally with explanations, so goes the game of complex thought. opinions, critiques, discussion, whatever you got. All are welcome. Just don't be a dick assuming to know exactly what I meant. I can make mistakes in speech or not fully fledge an idea leaving aspects unknown which could drastically alter your perceptions.. but yous a smart people so you knows already eh? Good day.
  • Terrapin Station
    Don't folks have to do English composition or rhetoric in school any longer? Do they not still teach how to write a concise paper where you state your premise at the start, and then logically structure the rest of the paper as a support for the premise? Where you also learn to revise, and where part of that is learning how to take out superfluous or irrelevant (to the premise) material?

Most stream-of-consciousness rambling isn't that entertaining to read. And most literature that reads like stream-of-consciousness rambling isn't really stream-of-consciousness rambling. It was rather carefully composed to read that way.
  • unenlightened
    Do they not still teach how to write a concise paper where you state your premise at the start, and then logically structure the rest of the paper as a support for the premise?Terrapin Station

Like this?

Alas those days are gone.
  • Possibility
    By being humble you retract a foothold from those around you who would hope to grow through conflicting ideas.(well conflict in general but in our time in my location conflict happens far less outside the conceptual realms, thankfully.) By not showing what you've got, being a little abrasive and standing out all you do is stay "safe". Not even safe really, what is safety? You're just staying the same, which you for some reason believe to be safer than to be somewhere else, which is often just a silly belief, as well as worse than where you'd be if you weren't such a cowardly humble mess. Just show off and try to prove your point or get proven wrong like jeez, stop caring so much what others think of you and stand by your truth, and if you are proven wrong then cut that truth out of you. There are certainly levels of "class" when it comes to showing off and one could certainly express their opinion or idea while being as humble as possible, that is ideal. But sometimes people just need a punch in the throat, "Your idea is wrong and you are an idiot for having it, though with that being said you can improve and cut out that faulty bit of data and better yourself by adopting this new belief." Pain is not always to be avoided, sometimes it's best to just hurt people mentally, grow the fuck up stop thinking what you believe must have intrinsic value. If a piece of you is broken or decayed you cut it out and move on, stop holding onto some disgusting long dead corpse of an idea so you can fit in with some cult-ture. You can ask the "wrong questions", you can be absolutely worthless in some areas and certainly are. You MUST learn to recognize cognitive ability and wisdom and when someone who has that or is more educated in a particular field than you, then you must concede.DrProphet

There’s being humble, and then there’s being reticent - I don’t think they’re the same thing. You don’t have to be abrasive or show off in order to share your thoughts about the world or stand by your truth, and you don’t have to call someone else an idiot just because you find fault with their thinking. Pain is not always to be avoided, I agree - but that doesn’t give you permission to inflict pain on others.

You seem to have strong opinions about how everyone else should interact with you, and how you should have the freedom to treat others. Perhaps you should look instead at how you should be interacting with others, and how others should have the freedom to treat you. Then perhaps you won’t be so annoyed at not being able to control your little universe. Just a suggestion. Fact of life: you can’t control other people.
  • DrProphet
    Eugenics is a rather lovely work around to controlling people wouldn't you say? I was speaking collectively about the ignorant hive mind of beings caught in the collective conscious bubble, anyone under a uncertain threshold of lacking awareness/intelligence I don't even deem to be human in the full sense. They possess the characteristics of a house pet with the unnerving ability to communicate. I saw you had a post about free will, it's my understanding free will is to be earned through the clearing out of mental programming most everyone is influenced by, and until said programming is uplifted you`re locked into following the orders of commands you didn't even know were given, and thus have no free will. I was in a rather heated mood when I posted originally and I don't expect anyone to be capable of translating into rational thought exactly what I had meant, but I do find the jabbing of psychological assessment to be amusing. Thanks for that.
  • DrProphet
    Indeed they did, however the education system is utter garbage In the US at least in my area and most of what is taught is the improper useless version of what would be good info. Much of that had to be purged. And as I am now free from said mental corruption and English is subjectively of no interest to me I`m at somewhat of a loss as to how I feel I should conduct my speech. Also this isn't a paper, I had no "point", and I stated early that I wasn't speaking to be heard. I was ranting. There's more important things to study than a poorly crafted language imprecise and materially oriented with little possible translation into higher orders of knowledge, "god" doesn't` speak english, and humans are attempting to express an understanding that lies beneath verbiage that is often individual specific. I see little point in exerting the effort to be understood "final draft" in an area of discussion that requires discussion (back and forth) to even be understood. I also mentioned intuitive thinking which would obviously not have a clear and orderly "point" and if it did it wouldn't be intuitive, it would be linear and direct. Repeating the word also also is quite amusing. Also.
  • DrProphet
    Having a point requires the subject or thinking of both parties be simple enough to confine to one dimension, the inner workings of the human mind and the discussion of such goings on to be constricted into a headline or topic which the rest of the information redefines would be rather silly. There is not a single thing in the universe which precisely moves from point A to B and humanity is under the illusion of lacking perception due to the limited hardware of the human system. Reality is a brilliant nonsensical circle near indescribable through linguistic methods and to prefer being lied to through point to point storytelling so as to FEEL as though you've understood, instead of an engaged dynamic field that is free from the constricts of linearity, is a rather silly, though common, habit. The whole "eventually language will be obsolete and direct transmission of ideas" thing. Nothing true has ever been spoken. So why try so hard to make it orderly.
  • Possibility
    When you take away your general intolerance, impatience and dismissive attitude toward fellow human beings, I do agree with a lot of what you’ve tried to articulate. But my basic question is: what do you intend to DO about it?

You’ve expressed an awareness and subsequent frustration at how everyone else seems to fall short of the capacity we have as human beings, but that’s only the first step. If all you can think to do in response is to declassify them as human beings or insult their intelligence, then you’re ignorant of your own capacity to effect change. If your rant is simply to make yourself feel superior despite your obvious ignorance, then all you’re doing is rejoining the ‘hive mind’ at a slightly more conscious level.
  • Terrapin Station

But my eyes just keep glazing over.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.