• Juan Gabriel Rivera Tamayo
    Is Organization Systems Theory part of philosophy or computation? in the case it is please answer what is an information flowchart and what are the meaning that the Organization Systems Theory gives to context, process and objective
  • tim wood
    Is Organization Systems Theory (OST) part of philosophy or computation?Juan Gabriel Rivera Tamayo

First cut: OST in use is computation; that is, it's about. As philosophy, it's about the about. That is, two different frames, two different approaches from two different standpoints, two different understandings. (For "two," read, "at least two.") Can they inform each other? One hopes so.
  • Pantagruel
    I am unable to find any articles specifically about "Organization Systems Theory"?

As it happens, I'm currently 3 books into studying general systems theory and systems philosophy, therefore interested in the topic.
  • fresco
    Systems theory is one paradigm suggested by 'neurophilosophers' to account for aspects of 'cognition' in terms of emergent nested structures within different levels of operational domain, ranging from neuronal networks to social networks. It is an alternative to reductionist paradigms in which 'causality' is central to 'explanation'.
    Example of reference: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0065240716300416
    It has secondary implications for the wider subject of 'philosophy of science' because its approach to cognition touches on 'active' versus 'passive' perception, and hence the nature of 'observation'.
  • Pantagruel
    That doesn't answer my question about "organization systems theory"?

Yes, I'm pretty well-acquainted with the various applications of systems theory at this point. Just wondering about this OST. I suspect the poster is just referring to the application of systems theory to organizational theory.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment