• Robert Lockhart
    Funny how as you get older...the things you deemed to be so life-asserting when young – hierarchical position in the herd, consciousness of daring ‘cutting-edge’ fashion, conformity to Brave New World ideas, the exhibitionist desire to shock, to name some – tend now to excite, when you see the same replicated in the currently young...only feelings of poignancy.
    A perennial cycle of revelation, no doubt kept secret from the young by a benign conspiracy! Still, amidst all my anxieties, what exhilarating happiness those illusory values could then sometimes be conducive of!
  • Fine Doubter
    It seemed like spring, then.

I didn't know autumn mellow - mentally (I always loved it physically).
  • Pfhorrest
    I've just started noticing the days getting shorter, and realizing the immanence of the winter time shift, of losing any light at the end of my days, makes me wish that it could stay spring forever.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.