• Robert Lockhart
    I heard this idea ...that, 'meaninglessness is meaningless’ and, in being so, that therefore it could not in principle be.

That is, I heard the idea that for some reason inherent to the nature of reality, the notion of ultimate nihilism is simply illogical and therefore – purely as an amoral consequence - that the question of our own ultimate fate, happily, needs must have a constructive answer. - Or again, the idea that though our ultimate fate be not ordained by a 'Devine Will' and is necessarily in accord solely with, 'The Nature of Things', that nonetheless this, 'Nature' must intrinsically be ultimately constructive. - Phew!

Even so, it would, I suppose, be to somewhat miss the point – were this argument ever to prove valid – to regard such an eventuality as being a version of serendipity! :)

NB: - Btw: 'In the Nature of Things' - Was it Virgil, ''De Rearum Natura' or something like that, meaning 'On the Nature of Things'?...Don't suppose anyone on this site is ever likely to enlighten me?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment