• RegularGuy
    I’m not a left-wing terrorist. It’s not an ideological thing. It’s personal. I warned you.
  • S
    Okie dokie.
  • RegularGuy
    Democrats are all sissy pussies, and all Republicans in Congress and Trump should be tortured then shot.
  • Sir2u
    Democrats are all sissy pussies, and all Republicans in Congress and Trump should be tortured then shot.Noah Te Stroete

Sounds interesting, I shall pass this on to my buddies at the CIA, they love this kind of info.

Err huuum, would not torture then being shot be sort of overkill and costly? Would this be done with public funds or would it be a privately sponsored event?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Sounds interesting, I shall pass this on to my buddies at the CIA, they love this kind of info.Sir2u

Unsupported, unverified, he said she said?
    Send it up and we are ON it! :chin:
  • Sir2u
    Or maybe I should send it to the BBC, they love to hear juicy little things like that about the boys across the pond.

Are you doing alright Tiff? Hope everything is OK.

I have only been managing to come by for a few minutes at a time, busy fixing stuff around the house.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Are you doing alright Tiff? Hope everything is OK.

I have only been managing to come by for a few minutes at a time, busy fixing stuff around the house.
    Sir2u

On vacation again are you? :lol: That Honey Do List keeps you busy!
    I am doing alright Sir, I have been in a dark place of late but I am pulling up so prepare yourself :strong:
    A year ago tomorrow I lost my Dad and I am having a hard time compartmentalizing the loss and my Sister is playing games with me the same way she did my Dad. My Dad's will directed me to take his ashes which I want. But last year, as the remaining siblings were together, I offered her to have my Dad's ashes buried with her Mom to bring peace to her life. I asked throughout this past year when I should make plans for the burial and she had been busy with her exciting life but promised me that after August she would be MORE than capable of handling the arrangements with attitude.
    Now, do I wait until I travel in and bring my Dad back here or do I pull rank and demand her get her shit together and prioritize my Dad's final resting place and risk her never interacting with me again and more family to pass that I will see her at again? Do I not say anything and let the resentment grow? Our Dad was not only hers and others have the right to visit his grave site as well. Or do I just walk away from the drama and what she chooses to do with my Dad and never speak again?
    I am so very angry at her about this. The first line of his Will is that he is knowingly excluding her from any and all parts of the will. She withheld her kids from seeing my Dad, their Grampa because she knew it would hurt him. She lived 5 minutes away from his house and then the nursing home he lived out the last three years of his life and wouldn't visit or call. My Dad waited for her, he hung on her every word in the living and she blew him off. She said he orphaned her when he remarried....it's just not okay to be in her house instead of with her Mom.
    I had a long conversation with him and asked if you had your choice on who to spend eternity with who would it be? My Mother, her Mother or his third wife and he said my sister's Mom, hence why I am willing to bury him with her Mom.
    My Uncle who I love so incredibly much has continued to visit the nursing home my Dad was at, three times a week to visit with my Dad's ole nursing home commrades. I haven't told him that Dad is not here with me but back home where he could visit once my Dad is laid to rest next to the rest of the family, Grands and Great Grands.
    Thoughts?
    Sorry for the unload, I hope I am not burdening you :flower:
  • Sir2u
    On vacation again are you? :lol: That Honey Do List keeps you busy!ArguingWAristotleTiff

No, no yet, But that danged list keeps getting bigger and the bank account smaller. Vacations start at the end of November but I have a whole lot of things that need to be done before then.

Sorry for the unload, I hope I am not burdening you :flower:ArguingWAristotleTiff

No problem, you have my email if you want to use it.

I really don't know what advice to offer, except that if your dad made a request then go ahead and get on with it. Don't wait for others to screw around, make the arrangements to bury him where he wanted to be and if the others are not happy about it f*** 'em. At least you will be at peace.

I have had little contact with the rest of my family for many years, you get used to it. Especially when they are irritating to be around. My house is open to all that want to come visiting, if they don't come I am OK with that.

Live peacefully and don't let others upset you.
  • RegularGuy
    Sounds interesting, I shall pass this on to my buddies at the CIA, they love this kind of info.Sir2u

No need. I’ve been on their radar for at least the past two decades. Send them my regards if you must. They’ll just say, “You mean Mr. Te Stroete? He’s one of our boys.”
  • Sir2u
    “You mean Mr. Te Stroete? He’s one of our boys.”Noah Te Stroete

In exactly what sense are you using "boys" here?
    A. as in choirboy the the priests.
    B. as in good boy like a pet
    C. a boy as in one of our sons
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Live peacefully and don't let others upset you.Sir2u

:flower:
  • RegularGuy
    In exactly what sense are you using "boys" here?
    A. as in choirboy the the priests.
    B. as in good boy like a pet
    C. a boy as in one of our sons
    Sir2u

More like a pet or a pet project. I probably first got on their radar sophomore year of high school when I got the highest score in the history of the state on a standardized test. The Army wanted me then. Years later my sister-in-law’s sister’s husband worked at the Pentagon, and now my nephew is a Marine, and my wife’s brother is an ex-Marine. My grandfather was recruited by the Secret Service after WWII, but he declined. My uncle fought in Vietnam and was a member of Mensa. My dad was honorably discharged from the Army even though he had a nervous breakdown only after a few months. I am monitored 24/7 because I am a highly intelligent and educated person with a dangerous mental illness with a family history of service to this country. I’m given latitude in the things I say because they know what I’m doing at all times. I love and hate Big Brother. If not for them I would be locked up, but I often get agitated due to the constant surveillance. It’s difficult when so many people know your business.
  • S
    I like to make things up, too. My father was an astronaut, and he would always say to me, "Son, when you grow up, I want you to be the first man on the moon, just like me". And I did, I grew up to be the first man on the moon, just like my father, and his father before him, and his father before him, but not his father before him, my great-great-grandfather, because the moon hadn't been invented at that time. I never met my mother, but I know that she was a Klingon warrior from the planet Qo'noS.
  • RegularGuy
    Haha! If I were making this up, then why didn’t the FBI or Secret Service come interview me for my threats?
  • RegularGuy
    Anyways, it doesn’t matter what you believe about me. It doesn’t change my experiences one bit. It does sound like boasting about made-up things to a commoner, I’m sure, but that’s only because you’re a commoner. I was also valedictorian of my high school class, graduated Summa cum Laude from college, and was accepted into the best law school in my state. I was accepted into eleven law schools, in fact. This, too, probably sounds like bullshit to a commoner, but I’m not a peasant.
  • Shawn
    A healthy wallow is in order.

Wallow!
  • uncanni
    It’s not an ideological thing. It’s personal.Noah Te Stroete

So how do you know that it's not ideological, whatever it is you mean by that term?
  • RegularGuy
    So how do you know that it's not ideological, whatever it is you mean by that term?uncanni

I know it’s personal because my enemies are unrelenting in their hatred for me. Doesn’t matter what I do or say, it’s personal with them. They hate me and I welcome their hatred, Putin-loving Mein Kampf reading fascists that they are.
  • uncanni
    They hate me and I welcome their hatred, Putin-loving Mein Kampf reading fascists that they are.Noah Te Stroete

Welcoming hatred: that's a rough one. No good. Gotta stay away from those Mein Kampf reading fascists; they will kick you to death.
  • RegularGuy
    Welcoming hatred: that's a rough one. No good. Gotta stay away from those Mein Kampf reading fascists; they will kick you to death.uncanni

Nah, they’re just pussies paid by Senator Ron Johnson’s lieutenants to harass me. I’ve been in enough fights to know pussies when I see them. I ain’t scared.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.