• Possibility
    Possible! I, nevertheless, like my interpretation which, to my reckoning, is literal and so not open to multiple interpretation which would, I feel, open up a giant can of worms. Let's not get too creative, oui?Agent Smith

Literal interpretation of biblical text is proven to be an ignorant route, either way. I’ll not go down that road with you, if that’s your aim.
  • Agent Smith
    Literal interpretation of biblical text is proven to be an ignorant route, either way. I’ll not go down that road with you, if that’s your aim.Possibility

To each his own I suppose. It's either literalism or flights of fancy. In other words, it's either incoherence, allegedly, or fantasy. They say...all roads lead to Rome. We're free! Yippee!

Do what thou wilt — Aliester Crowley

A bit Kantian but looks more like a mirror-image of the Categorical Imperative.
  • Agent Smith
    The Tree of knowledge (of good and evil)!
  • Fooloso4
    A & E now had knowledge of ethics (good & evil).Agent Smith

I take it to mean that they had the knowledge to do or make or produce or procreate (Adam knew Eve), the results of which are both good and bad.
  • Possibility
    To each his own I suppose. It's either literalism or flights of fancy. In other words, it's either incoherence, allegedly, or fantasy. They say...all roads lead to Rome. We're free! Yippee!Agent Smith

Well, I’d say it’s either a ‘literal’ modern interpretation of a translation of a translation of a transcription of a verbal tradition - or it’s a contextual understanding of an ancient cultural record. But you go ahead...
  • Agent Smith

:zip: Wriggle finger — Cratylus
  • Agent Smith
    Adam & Eve. We're all cousins! :grin:

The near in blood, the nearer bloody. — Donalbain (Macbeth)

:fear:
  • praxis
    The Tree of knowledge (of good and evil)!Agent Smith

The paradox is that if A&E possessed the knowledge of good and evil, they would have known not to eat from the tree knowledge of good and evil, but they didn't know so they ate from it. It was a set-up from the start and there was no other possible outcome.
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet