• Teller
    Been wanting to get this off my chest for a while, hope this is not too out of place here.
    Maybe I'm getting too old to understand, but this (current?) dance move of "Twerking" really has really disturbed me.
    Growing up with the Stones, the Who and Alice Cooper etc. and how much my parents disliked them, is this form of dancing just a passing fad or is it just one more sign of moral decline?
    I think I've always been a liberal person when it comes to music and entertainment, but I just can't bring myself
    to condone this (to me), ugly display.
    Am I wrong?
  • Sir2u
    Am I wrong?Teller

No your are not. Just because it is a fad, and will pass, does not make it any less ugly and degrading.

Dancing has always been a mating ritual but twerking and the music videos that promote it seem more like sales than romance. Yesterday was carnival day where I live, not Notting Hill, I was struck by the number of very young kids twerking to reggaeton music while their dumbass parents stood by with their cell phones uploading photos and videos of their little ones performing what would be classed as public sex acts in some places.

My parents bitched about rock and roll being perverse but today's idiotic breeders seem to think it is normal for a young girl to rub her ass against a boy's dick.

May Murphy have pity on us in the future.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.