• Tom Storm
    Protocols of Elders of Zion does not talk about semites as far as I know, only about Jews, so it would not be the caseLionino

Antisemitism is just a word. The usage refers to hatred of, or bigotry against, Jews.

I wonder why you are so obsessed with a word?

Most people understand that antisemitism refers to bigotry against Jewish people.

You really betray your intentions whe you say the Protocols were used in the "Greek parliament" to prove a Jewish conspiracy. To anyone interested in what Tom is lying about, he is referring to Ilias Kasidiaris, who is basically a pariah of Greek society, not representative of any "structure".Lionino

You seem to betray your intentions by taking my argument into the territory you want it to go instead of dealing with the actual point.

Saying I’m ‘lying’ is an especially slippery touch. Abuse is not an argument. Particularly when my purported duplicity focuses on a point I didn’t make.

My point, in simpler words, is that the Protocols continue to be a key source of structural antisemitism supporting the beliefs of those who endorse such a world view. They still have cultural currency. I did not argue that the Greeks have embedded them. Just that they remain an evergreen and will regularly surface. You will also note I wrote in my initial response:

But you’re right that it isn’t official state policy anywhere but the Middle East.Tom Storm

Do you deny there is persistent bigotry against Jews?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.