• Wheatley
    You can mention your personality traits here and give a brief description of each one.

Here's my attempt:

Obsessive: I can be extremely obsessive. When I become interested in something I can't stop obsessing over it. I once played a video game 24 hours straight, not sleeping, only stopping to eat and go to the bathroom. I attempted to solve a snake cube puzzle for about 15 hours not sleeping the whole night (I did end up solving it in the end). I've rekindled my interest in philosophy now., as a result I'm glued to this forum for the moment.

Sensitive: Related to my obsessiveness, I'm extremely sensitive. Nobody can say anything bad about me without me tearing up inside and thinking about what they've said all day. I try to avoid all possible situations where someone think bad about me. It's all related to my social phobia.

Anxious: It's not an exaggeration to say that I'm an extremely anxious person. I'm always thinking negatively about how things can go wrong. I can't do this or that because things might not turn out good. I tend to ruminate about negative events that happened in my life over, and over again. I shake and fidget a lot showing my constant unrest.

Disorganized: I'm not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination. When I write I have to look over it several times where I notice I'm constantly making errors. I'm not even aware of all my errors, others have to point them out. I don't have any concept of time management. When I went to school, whenever I took notes, they were very sloppy and useless for helping me study. It's also very hard for me to talk because talking requires you to organize your words.

I notice that I mostly described negative things about myself. I didn't write any positive personality traits not because I don't want to toot my horn, but because I have a hard time seeing the positive in me. I'm sure I do have some positive traits, I just can't identify them right now.

Feel free to describe your personality any way you want. You don't have follow my format.
  • Wheatley
    No takers? I guess I was mistaken in thinking people would open up about their personality to online strangers. Oh, well.
  • Sir2u
    I didn't write any positive personality traits not because I don't want to toot my horn, but because I have a hard time seeing the positive in me. I'm sure I do have some positive traits, I just can't identify them right now.Purple Pond

You are honest.

No takers? I guess I was mistaken in thinking people would open up about their personality to online strangers. Oh, well.Purple Pond

Not many can be objectively honest about themselves, if they were they would probably not like themselves very much.

I doubt that I would call myself obsessed, dedicated maybe to getting things done.

I have given up anxiety and become a Murphiest. If it is going to happen it will, at the wrong moment.

I got over sensibility as well. I don't give a shit now what anyone says.

I can still see yesterdays beer can sitting on my desk, but it is stopping some papers I use for taking notes and planning being blown away by the fan that got stuck in one place about a month ago and is waiting to be repaired, when I can find the plan I made to fix things around the house. So I guess I could call myself organized chaos.

Apart from that I am a happy, loving guy that gets along with most people. :cool:
  • Wheatley
    Ah, a response. Finally. I was beginning to think nobody would take me seriously, like I’m one of those odd invisible kids in school trying to get some attention. To be fair, asking about someone’s personality is a personal question (not sure if pun intended). It seems like most people here are too serious for discussions like these. “What’s your personality like?”. “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
  • Shawn
    A wallower.
  • yupamiralda
    I give up on trying to understand myself, at least I believe I should. I know that there is practically no limit to the way I can interpret myself to myself and I can't believe my stories anymore.

I seem to be able to make people laugh, if they are open to that. My grim outlook ensures an extremely dark sense of humor, which I usually have to reign in. I guess a lot of what I say is ambiguous; people can't decide if I'm making fun of them. I've been told lately that I'm mean, which surprised me, because I really feel like I give people a lot of latitude as far as their weaknesses go. I suppose that's a pretty mean way to describe it. But people like to do me favors (which is used against me as evidence of my "manipulation"). I try to avoid speaking like I read books, but eg last night I dropped the word "decadent" (and it was actually an ironic usage) to uncomprehending stares. At least my audience thought my vocabulary was a funny quirk about me, and didn't feel threatened. That happens often enough. I've learned not to demonstrate intelligence because it stirs up fear.

I'm sensitive, but I haven't been in a situation where I could be anything but tough for a long time. So I hide that.

I don't let myself complain. I try to get comfortable with the worst case scenario, so if anything better happens, it's like candy.

I move my body like I know how to use it. When I'm feeling good I've been accused of "walking around like [I'm] ten feet tall."

"The high spirits of kindness might look like malice." --Nietzsche

EDIT: I suppose I should mention that my personality around men and my personality around women are completely different.
  • RegularGuy
    I have all of the traits you describe plus more that are negative.

Good traits that I have? I suppose that I’m empathetic much of the time. I find a lot of things humorous. I’m curious, and I have good relationships (though not many).
  • S
    Cute and nice. I used to be mean, whereas now... oh, shut the fuck up.
  • Sir2u
    Cute and nice.S

The question is about you, not what that dead cat in your basement used to be like.
  • Shawn

Poor Oksa...
  • T Clark
    Cute and nice. I used to be mean, whereas now... oh, shut the fuck up.S

This seems really familiar, but wasn't there something about a frog?
  • thewonder
    I've gotten INFP and ENFP when I've taken the personality test before. I can be kind of awkward as well as the life of the party.

When I was still milling around the bars in town, I used to liken myself to the lonely boy out on the weekend. I've cut my hair since then and don't think that I'm too much like that anymore.

I feel like I'm sort of gloomy. I kind of sulk a lot.

I'm not just gloomy, but I'm not really sure what to say about myself other than that.
  • Pattern-chaser
    INTJ. A designer; a chaser of patterns.
  • S
    This seems really familiar, but wasn't there something about a frog?T Clark

I cut that part out, like how I cut open my cat's abdomen and removed her vital organs.
  • Terrapin Station
    Some combo of weird/quirky, jokey/goofy, geeky/dorky, perpetually horny/an insatiable lothario, and really mellow/easygoing, happy-go-lucky, etc., at least when I'm not around people who are complainers, naggers, perpetual critics, or who are usually hyper, in which case I just want to get away from them.
  • Drazjan
    I listen carefully. Have ever widening interests. Have been a hero to a few and a villain to others. Extremely artistic but not particularly innovative. I value sense of humour and tenacity. I prefer any decision rather than none. Hate to see others embarrassed. I sympathise with the underdog, but despise the moronic support of minorities simply because they are minorities. Empathise with animals but am not vegan. Powerfully attracted to the opposite sex. Would be a Leftist if they were not suicidal. Would be Rightist if they were not so so insular. Credit no person, past or present, with esoteric knowledge of cosmic truth.
  • praxis
    despise the moronic support of minorities simply because they are minoritiesDrazjan

Spoken just like someone who’s never been a minority.
  • Pattern-chaser
    :smile: :up: Nit-pick: PERSECUTED minorities. Billionaires are in a minority.... :wink:
  • Drazjan
    despise the moronic support of minorities simply because they are minorities
    — Drazjan

Spoken just like someone who’s never been a minority.
    praxis

I am an not going to apologise for being lucky. That is what the above mentioned morons do.
  • praxis

This implies that you believe minorities are unfortunate, so it appears that you despise support for the unfortunate. What kind of person are you?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.