• Corra
    I have studied new age studies since I was nineteen years old. It is so hard to find people who study this eclectic path. Looking forward to the future discussions.
  • god must be atheist
    New Age has become Old Age. The trend now is neo-pessimism, and religious stupor.
  • WerMaat
    Not sure how exactly you define New Age Philosophy ... I follow a Neo Pagan Religion, does that count?
  • Arne
    I do not know what that means.

I am always open to enlightenment.
  • Corra
    Yes neo pagan counts as new age. So does divination and the new thought movement like science of mind. Positive affirmations and meditation is a example.
  • Corra
    The new age has many belief systems. It is very eclectic.
  • WerMaat
    The new age has many belief systems. It is very eclecticCorra

yeah, well, I follow only one of these belief systems so I'm not actually that eclectic, as in: taking in elements from different sources.
    What about you? Do you see New Age as a field of study, or as a personal path?
  • Corra
    I see it as both you study it and it can be a personal path. Sometimes I study something and it becomes part of my personal path.
  • Corra
    Sometimes I study just because I want to learn about the subject.
  • Pattern-chaser
    New Age as a "field of study"? Hmm. I would think "personal path" is the more suitable of your two suggestions. I'm not convinced that any view of religion as a "field of study" has ever - or will ever - result in anything useful.

Thoughts on this, anyone? :chin:
  • WerMaat
    of course a field of study! I'd think that religion is a relevant topic in anthropology and psychology. And "New Age" is an interesting current development of religious practices, is it not?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment