• philsterr
    While I'm not religious, I find Jesus one of the most fascinating historical figures.
    One of my favorite musicals is Jesus Christ Superstar, because I feel like it depicts Jesus' life in a way it could actually have happened.

Are there "accurate" movies/books about Jesus without any actual miracles and magic in them?
  • christian2017

Assuming Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are correct (assumption) then it might be that all the accounts of him some how ended up in the Bible. I think Josephus mentioned him. If you don't believe in magic, extra-natural or super-natural then who can blame you for not believing Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
  • philsterr

Okay, on a second thought it's not really the truth I'm looking for, more non-religious interpretations of Jesus' life and his teachings.
    To me, Jesus Christ Superstar is something like that.

The Bible is a tad too... wordy and hard to interpret. Guess I'm looking for extracts.
  • T Clark
    Are there "accurate" movies/books about Jesus without any actual miracles and magic in them?philsterr

On the web, type in "historical Jesus." You'll find lots of stuff.
  • Fooloso4
    The Historical Jesus in Context, edited by Amy-Jill Levine.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.