• Maximum7
    I’m trying to write a story about a scientist working on something in the Star Wars galaxy. I’m looking for something creative or esoteric instead of just teleportation or matter replicators. I have tried many different ideas but none seem to fit. A lot of stuff has been thought of on Star Wars rpg forums and I’m not looking for a simple tech or invention. I’m looking for a science that would take a scientist in SW somewhat difficulty to create. It can’t be something that can theoretically be created based on existing technological capabilities or resources. E.g. You don’t see speeders with deflector shields, but you could very easily do it. I’d also be open to him studying something brand new. A facet or avenue of science that has been untapped or ignored. Star Wars has had 1,000’s of Years with FTL technology so this is a tall order but scientist exist and surely they must be doing something.

Any ideas?
  • Sir2u
    Better pain killers maybe.

The perfect cup of tea.

A burger that actually looks like the one in the commercial.

Extinct alien race resurrection.
  • Theologian
    A technology capable of somehow interacting with The Force™ (or a science capable of explaining it) would be the obvious answer. But then, look how awesome midichlorians turned out to be!

Sooo... maybe AI powerful and creative enough to run military droids that were at least the equal of human soldiers, pilots, etc in strategic ability?

Of course, that would lead to a truly fundamental change in the SWU. Which may or may not be what you want in fanfic.
  • 0 thru 9
    What are we... your mental Kickstarter? Your creative crowdfunding or something? Come back when you have some more posts here about philosophy. Then MAYBE I’ll share some of the ideas I’ve been stockpiling over the years. (ok... fine. I’ve got nothing. :sweat: )
  • Michael
    Blaster auto aim.
  • Brett
    Any ideas?Maximum7

The ability to mine time, like a quarry. Chunks of it can be transformed into solid blocks of different sizes for transport and sale. Extremely valuable, obviously and also open to a black market of unstable time. Buying units of time to add to your zone obviously have interesting consequences, as does mining and selling it.
  • god must be atheist
    This future scientist in the Star Wars galaxy could be working on a type of touring machine that creates films that are not full of tripe and flashy stupidity and instead have some meaning for the viewer to chew on and talk about in dinner parties.

This future scientist may be working on an AI package that creates ideas for struggling writers inasmuch as providing them untapped, hitherto completely unused, virgin material they can dip their fingers in and make it moan.

This future scientist could also work on future Law-bending machines. Machines that have been outlawed, because, without using supernatural forces, they create instances where the natural laws of nature are bent, broken or otherwise brutally abused.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.