• I like sushi
    I am offering suffering pain and a life of pure hellish toil. If you show a hint of pleasure I’ll demand you flail yourself or I’ll cut you.

Am I the promise of religion? Is the beating heart of religion fear?

It appears so to me. The killer of Gods is merely the naive passivity of humanity played out like some virtue, but its dull and anti-life, lacking vitality or direction - in fact its enemy IS direction of any kind.

All these principles are at the beck and call of fear itself. The ever-beating heart of humanity, brought into manifestation in our societal interactions under the deathly pall of “religion”.

What you WANT is what you least want to face - religion is merely the cowardly supplication before this dark desire.

Or not? What d’ y’ thunk?
  • DingoJones

That seems like it might be true of some people and some religion. Why try and pigeonhole something so diverse?
  • yupamiralda

You're also offering networking opportunities with the other faithful, possibly superior females to mate with (as far as what I can get), and a convenient marker to distinguish us and them. Regardless of weather or not the content of religion helps in any way, those aren't bad things to gain for a little introspection and rituals.
  • Frotunes
    What did I just read?
  • I like sushi
    I thought what I wrote may be obscure ... you beat me! Far more obscure yet it does give us a tiny peek into the machinations of your ‘thinking’.
  • I like sushi
    It was meant as semi-parody and as a critique of theism and atheism.

It is certainly quite s pretentious looking piece of writing in hindsight and I was hoping, more than expecting, a coherent response.

I rolled the dice at least! Give me that ;)
  • I like sushi
    You recently quoted Thus Spake ... does that read like crazy gibberish too? My point is not a great deal different, but I’m focusing on FEAR.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.