• rohan
    So rationally I found that learning to code would be beneficial for me to earn more money and it also seems interesting to be able to do it from a distance.

The thing is when I think of coding and when I study it, I get this tension in my throat. People could call this anxiety, but I don't like labels. I have had the same tension when I played online poker for a whole day, I also made the most I ever made in poker, but I didn't follow through the days afterward because this tension repelled me.

It's really unpleasant and the tension can be very strong. My question is, is this a sign of my body/subconscious/universe, that I just shouldn't do this?

Or would you say there is another perspective on this and that I should just push through this very uncomfortable feeling?

Should I listen to my emotion, what my body is telling me? or push through this and listen to my rationale and try to change this feeling/hope it goes away?
    Advice much appreciated.
  • Pattern-chaser
    My guess - and that's all it is - is that when you attempt something you find difficult, some of your muscles tense, giving rise to the discomfort you've noticed. On the one hand, you could simply (as you suggest) avoid the activities that cause your stress. On the other hand, you might see fit to push yourself in the direction of coding, in which case you will need to find a way around the stress, and the consequent discomfort. You will never learn software design if, whenever you approach it, it hurts.

Good luck!

Pattern-Chaser [Retired software designer]
  • Baden
    Should I listen to my emotion, what my body is telling me?rohan

Yes.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url