• Hanover
    One of our most frequent posters @ArguingWAristotleTiff f has been missing from the board for the past couple of months. It's very much unlike her not to come around often. A few of us who have known her off the board have reached out through her personal email and her Facebook account, but we've not heard back from her.

If anyone here has any information about her, has spoken to her, or knows how to get in touch with her and feels comfortable sharing that information, please let us know what you know. I know that I and many of us here really would like to know.
  • Baden
    Second that :up:
  • deletedmemberwy
    Noooooo! Not Tiff going missing too! :fear: :cry:
  • Maw
    Was wondering that too, knew she had some pretty serious dental surgery or something that was coming up
  • Shawn
    Tiff is here!

Praise the Lord!
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    :flower: I am here just lurking around looking for a place to fit in :heart:
  • Baden

Welcome back :cheer:
  • hyena in petticoat
    We were worried Tiff. Hope everything is okay.
  • Sir2u
    Nice to see you around again, this place was getting short of pretty faces. :wink:
  • Amity
    I am here just lurking around looking for a place to fit in :heart:ArguingWAristotleTiff

Hi, you don't know me but...
    You have been missing and missed by all your friends here. Good call by Hanover - hope he and others are now reassured that all is well.

I often wonder what happens to people when they take time out.
    Sometimes frequent posters let others know e.g. when they are going on holiday. Or are just pissed off in general, or particular...
    I think there is more concern where people have formed long-lasting relationships and don't reply.
    For whatever reason.

I guess many people tend to lurk until they feel like they have something to say.

So, what made it so that you are 'looking for a place to fit in' ?
    Has the forum changed for you ?
    Just wondering.

Best wishes.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I am truly overwhelmed with the level of concern about me and my welfare and I humbly Thank you. I know we are all friends, many of us for over a decade, but I am the one who is supposed to be the strong one. I am the one who set the expectation upon myself, to only share if I have a positive perspective, which I have been running short on as of late.
    I wish to be the strong one all the time, the one who can continue to care beyond the words on the screen but I admit my reserves are running low and that makes me wonder/doubt my being able to handle my choice in college degrees as I enter my Jr year. I have time for a career but a degree change? I don't think so. I just need to find my footing.
    If anyone ever wondered what change in life looks like? I am pretty sure I am in the middle of the storm but I haven't stopped walking.
  • Shawn
    Tiff needs a cheerleader!

You can do it Tiff!
  • Amity
    I admit my reserves are running low and that makes me wonder/doubt my being able to handle my choice in college degrees as I enter my Jr year. I have time for a career but a degree change? I don't think so. I just need to find my footing.
    If anyone ever wondered what change in life looks like? I am pretty sure I am in the middle of the storm but I haven't stopped walking.
    ArguingWAristotleTiff

Hi again.
    Sorry I don't know you as well as others here. However, here goes my tuppeny response.

You sound a bit stressed out and low in energy. Glad you are strong enough to share difficult life choices.
    I am sure you have thought carefully about all the positives and negatives of any changes.
    Sometimes though it isn't enough - no matter how good we are at objective reasoning or self reflection, we need help. It is a sign of strength to ask and share.

Sometimes, we can take on too much without fully realising what is involved in a choice or degree.
    And then give ourselves a hard time when we don't meet our expectations.
    And sometimes we overthink potential problems.
    Easy to feel or be overwhelmed.

If you have doubts or anxieties about course requirements and how it fits in with other life commitments then it might be an idea to discuss this with other students who have been there.
    Or talk to someone in student support. But you probably know that already.

Wise and witty posters here will have their own experiences of life changes. Their thinking process, or sense of humour, might have helped in making difficult decisions. And managing the consequences.

To 'find your footing' again, what would that entail ?
    Perhaps a step back. To gain a sense of perspective. What is important, what do you value, what lightens your load.

Either way, talking is usually better than not talking, going AWOL, thinking it better to be strong and silent.
    Doncha think ?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Tiff needs a cheerleader!Wallows

I admit I do Wallows, I just didn't realize that I was missed here and I am sorry if I let you or anyone else down in thinking that. :flower:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @Hanover You have touched my heart and are actually restoring faith in my self value. I cannot Thank you enough :heart: I lost my way...thank you and everyone else for taking the time to find me.
  • Michael
    this place was getting short of pretty faces.Sir2u

I'll show up more often then.
  • Sir2u
    I'll show up more often then.Michael

:scream: :worry:
  • jorndoe
    You're back , good to see lifesigns. :)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Back in black!
    Lolol I know total Mom joke! :joke:
  • hyena in petticoat

Here some days, gone another. Hehe Good to see you also sir! Sorry not too often!
  • hyena in petticoat
    Hi Tiff. Know that you have friends in abundance. At the very least, you can count on us to have willing ears, and both sound and ridiculous advice depending on who you’re talking to. :smile: *hug*
  • Sir2u
    I don't have as much free time as I would like right now so I don't come as often either. I should make more of an effort, I miss the company. :smile:
  • Hanover
    Here some days, gone another. Hehe Good to see you also sir! Sorry not too oftenhyena in petticoat

One question really. Why do you forsake me?
  • Sir2u
    One question really. Why do you forsake me?Hanover

She did not forsake, she avoiding you! :smirk:
  • hyena in petticoat
    Likewise! Guess if they don’t mind me hanging around for non intelligent discussions, I can. :grin:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.